Rubbish nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbish nicknames

C'mon, let's be having you. Katie Taylor is a magnificent boxer, but I have been gagging for ages to discuss the sheer rubbishness of her nickname:

Katie 'KT' Taylor (or occasionally Katie 'Irish KT' Taylor)

When they announce it in the ring it just sounds like they've made a mistake

Kevin Pietersen

Comment

What FIGJAM?

Comment

. <ignore>

Comment

Andrew Flintoff's has, sadly, become an example of overuse and familiarity breeding contempt.

Comment

Phil "The Power" Taylor always felt spectacularly terrible, to me.

Comment

Self named nicknames are particularly sad, step forward Paul " the guvnor " Ince.

Comment

Let's wheel out the old favourite, Anthony Hamilton "The Sheriff of Pottingham".

Comment

Martin "Chariots" Offiah sounded cool until my Dad said he called him "Great Balls".

Comment

I find the Cricinfo data on nicknames very disappointing, often missing or out of date. England’s cricket team, in the here and now, have several stinkers. “J-Roy” is terrible, wtf is that, a robot. “Morgs” is even worse, a bargain basement sci-fi monster. “Royston” or “JR” and “Moggie” (which is what Cricinfo claims) would be far superior. And what about Adil Rashid’s long-lost name on Cricinfo, “Hoover”, that would be so cool!

Comment

Working...
                    X