X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Scrums in Rugby Union. When was the last time you saw a straight put-in (although I am aware that the law changed a bit recently)?

Not pointless exactly, but they seem to take an age to set up and then almost always collapse or someone does something wrong, meaning the process starts all over again.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by johnr View Post
    ...to the casual viewer:

Scrums in Rugby League.
    Scrums in Rugby Union. When was the last time you saw a straight put-in (although I am aware that the law changed a bit recently)?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    I genuinely can’t watch tennis because of the bouncing/towelling down thing. Something about that OCD type behaviour triggers something similarly latent in me.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    The time it takes in cricket between announcing when a pitch inspection is going to happen and the pitch inspection happening. And then the time between the pitch inspection and the restart.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    VAR

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Football's experiment with extra assistant referees on behind the goalline.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by johnr View Post
    ...to the casual viewer:

Scrums in Rugby League.
    Well, I'm a casual view when it comes to league, and I've never thought that. Even though they may be uncontested, they obviously free up space immediately afterwards by requiring six players per side to be concentrated in one area of the pitch.

Tennis players toweling down after every point/stopping for a drink after one game/stopping for a drink mid tie-break. Oh, and bouncing the ball more than a couple of times prior to serve.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Conferences between pitcher and catcher to 'get their signals straight'.

Leave a comment:

• johnr
    started a topic Pointless things in sport...

Pointless things in sport...

...to the casual viewer:

Scrums in Rugby League.
Working...
X