Pointless things in sport...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cesar Rodriguez
    Extra innings in the 162 game MLB season..... C'mon no need for OT when the game has next to no impact on the overall season..... lets just call the game a draw and hit the exits.....

Or, if they insist on extra innings lets go the beer league softball route and stick a runner on 2nd.

Lastly, NASCAR.
    Ties are not tolerated in the US.

Minor leagues are trying the guy on second thing. I’m not a fan.

NASCAR is fine. The point of oval racing is that they’re racing each other, not the track. F1 is predictable and there’s not much passing. NASCAR is more competitive. It can be boring on TV, though. You have to really understand and care about the nuances. I’ve been to a couple live and that is cool - it’s so damn loud - though the Trumpistan vibe can be a bit off-putting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
      I don't know so much about basketball so maybe someone could briefly explain what's wrong with the dunk? Ta.
      I think he meant the dunk contest, not dunks in games.

Comment

That ship has sailed. The right-wing think it’s desperately important to shoehorn militarism into every occasion possible. It’s not worth the effort to argue about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

I think he meant the dunk contest, not dunks in games.
          Yes I understood that so the question remains.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

Ties are not tolerated in the US.
            Except occasionally in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Cesar Rodriguez
              Actually, absolute last thing. Anthems before sporting events.
              Worse still: anthems before cricket. Or anything else where they don't run out to play immediately afterwards.

Bellow it out, shed tears, bulge those eyes, you're so up for it ... and then walk back to the dressing room and have a nap.

Comment

Until the 1960s the British National Anthem was played at the end of the last film at the flicks: I remember that almost nobody took a blind bit of notice while leaving the premises.

Comment

That's something that the vast majority of Brexit voters would like to bring back...

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Except occasionally in the NFL.
                    Everyone is upset when it happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X