No announcement yet.

Brighton can do one, a "pebble beach" is rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand what you Brits are saying about time zones. But from a West Coast perspective it's nice to have the occasional major where the excitement happens at the right time of day. Those late evenings in Britain for the Masters, or late afternoons for the Open, felt right. Here, the denouement usually happens at 11 in the morning or mid afternoon, and leaves the rest of the day after the thrill has gone. And we get something once every two or three years if we're lucky.

Comment

It’s getting exciting now. Top three keep missing fairways and greens and then recovering, but someone is going to have to break soon.

Comment

Yes, that's about the size of it. it's on a real knife edge. But i do have to go to work tomorrow and i don't know how long i can watch for.

Comment

They are playing shots from places on the course that are familiar to players of my quality at my peak.

Needless to say, they are playing those much better than I ever dreamed of.

Comment

Woodland extends his lead to two shots. That might be enough. Either way I'm going to have to turn in. Night all.

Comment

What a shot by Woodland

Comment

Ended up a bit anticlimactic, that. Woodland playing solidly and none of his pursuers able to make a final charge.

On the list of "best active players yet to win a major" I'd have put Woodland about 30th. Wonder what suddenly clicked into place for him this week that hasn't before in his 10 years of trying?

Comment

The US commentators mentioned that he was something like 140th in the Tour in "scrambling", but first all week at Pebble Beach.

That's your answer right there. His putt to win it wasn't bad either.

Comment

Working...
                  X