Epsom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epsom

Have chosen my horses for tomorrow, will wait to see how that goes before making my Saturday selections.
    So, for Friday:

2:00 - Pinatubo
    2:35 - Firmanent e/w
    3:10 - Morando e/w
    3:45 - Elector
    4:30 (Oaks) - Anapurna

Anapurna won her trial at Lingfield impressively enough and appears to be good value at 6/1 in the Oaks. Having Dettori on board is a positive as well has he rides Epsom better than abybody. The EW value for me is with Manuela De Vega (12/1), one of a number of handy Lope De Vega fillies that Ralph Beckett has in his yard.

Comment

What a ride by Frankie. I thought it was all over at 2f, that surge by Pink Dogwood looked a winner. But Frankie was so cool, lovely seeing him not using the whip once he had the measure of Pink Dogwood.

Decent day for me, all my bets are free bets on Betway, taking their bet £5 on the CL final and getting £10 in free bets. I always aim to just get those free bets back in cash, I've got most of it back already.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Dettori and never back him (same with Johnson in the proper racing) but that was mighty impressive.

As was Atzeni on Defoe, which I had at a very profitable 14/1.

Fancy Broome in the big one tomorrow, with Line of Duty the e/w value (28/1)

Comment

Yeah, I really don't want any of the Ballydoyle hordes to win the Derby, but with over half the runners they likely will and I suspect it will be with Broome. If Sir Dragonet didn't like the early stages of Chester (which he quite clearly didn't), then he's sure as hell not going to enjoy Epsom. I can see him losing it coming down the hill towards Tattenham corner, much like Lar Ti Dar did today in the Coronation Cup.

Of the none O'Brien horses both Telecaster and Bangkok shouldn't have stamina issues. Both of them are by Derby winners (New Approach and Australia respectively) and their Damsires (maternal grandfather's) are bywords for stoutness. Like Maqsad in the Oaks yesterday I don't think the Sheikh Hamden horse Madhmoon will stay,
          Last edited by George; 01-06-2019, 00:11.

Comment

Yes, I'm going for Telecaster today. Other bets are:

14:00 The Trader
            14:35 Awesome Tank
            15:10 Zaaki
            15:45 Hathiq

If I can match yesterday's 2 out of 5, I'll be happy.

Comment

Sir Dragonet looks fantastic in the paddock.

Comment

Working...
              X