Cricket World Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    There's a time limit to get to the crease, right?
    Three minutes to get onto the field from the fall of a wicket.

Not sure it's ever occured in a Test or ODI though.

Comment

New Zealand have begun well. And England have batted second in every losing World Cup final they've been in.

Comment

I had always assumed that Guptill was of Indian descent. Sounds like an Indian name to me. Imagine my surprise to see him in the flesh and realise he's a very white white man

Comment

Was that his son that Gatting was sitting with?

Comment

Theresa May's there. No sign of the Queen though, perhaps she was as frustrated wrestling the ticket application process as the rest of us.

Comment

Closest to Timed Out in an international of any sort

The third Test of the 2006–2007 series between India and South Africa was played at the Newlands Cricket Ground. In India's second innings, two batsmen were quickly dismissed. Sachin Tendulkar was listed as the fourth batsman. As he had been replaced as a fielder for eighteen minutes at the end of South Africa's innings, he was ineligible to bat in the India second innings until another eighteen minutes had expired from its commencement. After a six-minute delay, Sourav Ganguly came in as the next batsman. South African captain Graeme Smith did not appeal for a "timed out" dismissal of the incoming batsman.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                New Zealand have begun well. And England have batted second in every losing World Cup final they've been in.
                We've not got Brearley and Boycott twatting about in this one.

Comment

Got him! And they've burned their review

Comment

Junior non-striker can't overrule senior batsman: Guptill wastes the review.

Comment

Woakes has been really great this World Cup. I might even put him in a team of the tournament (bearing in mind his handy knock at No 3 also, against West Indies)

Comment

Nasser Hussain on commentary refers to the runs Kane Williamson has scored off his "Gray Nicolls bat".

Remind me which bat manufacturer Hussain used and for whom he is still a paid brand ambassador?

Comment

That PA system announcer at Lord's is getting right on my tits. It's making the final sound like a county fair, where he's announcing that the largest onion contest is about to be judged in the main tent.

Comment

Kane Williamson out by the width of a mosquito's pube, but we'll have it

Comment

Dharmasena is having some tournament

Comment

England appealed so confidently and unanimously about Williamson's edge that it was no surprise to find one on review.

Comment

I hope someone phoned Muralitharan specifically to inform him he was on the telly.

Comment

I don't think Nicholls has offered a single chance in his 50. Great effort but probably needs to accelerate now.

Comment

Having said that...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                        That PA system announcer at Lord's is getting right on my tits. It's making the final sound like a county fair, where he's announcing that the largest onion contest is about to be judged in the main tent.
                                        I was there for a championship game earlier this year and the tannoy went for half an hour non stop before play began offering things you could spend your money on.

Comment

Not used to Sky's coverage so all the commercial breaks featuring England players throwing themselves around in 'edgy' urban settings is quite a novelty to.me.

Comment

NZ run rate now drifting back towards 4.00 an over which they will need to improve.

Comment

Not seen a replay yet but that looked tough on Taylor - bit high for lbw I thought.

Comment

I was right as it turns out. Really hard on NZ.

Comment

Not great. Especially as they overturned a LBW earlier for exactly the same reason.

Comment

So. Is this a good score?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X