No announcement yet.

Cricket World Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed they are, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if India are similarly ridiculous in Dubai.

Bookies are always incredibly eager to take dumb money.

Comment

I really think Australia are a decent bet

Comment

England world cup kit. Not a fan of this shade - looks a bit weak and pyjama-y with matching trousers.

https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/1130906687689437185?s=19​​​​​​

Comment

Presumably India's will be darker, then.

Comment

Yes.

https://twitter.com/BCCI/status/1101706262025101312?s=19

England's is a tribute to the 92 kit apparently though why you'd want to specifically encourage them to lose in the final I don't know.

Comment

Australia
              https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1115837166159106051?s=19

Comment

S Africa
                https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1119231795655061504?s=19

Comment

Not sure what's going on with the Bangladesh kit. They released one that had no red on it and it received a lot of criticism and tongue in cheek suggestions that they were going to play under the name East Pakistan. I think they've gone back to the drawing board.

Comment

Expectations have been built up absurdly high for England. The good thing about that is that if they fail to win, it gives an opportunity to ask serious questions of the ECB and their absurd Underpants Gnomes style stewardship of the game over the past few years. Would be good to get rid of as many as possible out of Graves, Harrison, Giles and Smith.

Comment

England have lost 4 home ODIs in the last 3 years. Expectations are legitimate.

Comment

vs Sri Lanka 3-0
                        vs Pakistan 4-1
                        vs Ireland 2-0
                        vs S. Africa 2-1
                        Champions trophy - bt Bangladesh, NZ, Australia, lost to Pakistan
                        vs West Indies 4-0
                        vs Australia 5-0
                        vs India 2-1
                        vs Pakistan 4-0

Of course they are beatable on a day, but that is form worthy of being favourites.

Comment

This seems like a really stupid question given that every nation will have their own kit supplier. But the uniforms aren't centrally designed are they? There seem to be a lot of common elements.

Comment

Big fan of that England kit.

Anyway, who's going to games? I've been pretty unlucky with it all - partly as a result of tardiness last year when the first tranche of tickets went on sale - but will be at Bangladesh v NZ at the Oval and, possibly, Aus v NZ at Lord's.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                              England have lost 4 home ODIs in the last 3 years. Expectations are legitimate.
                              I agree with this and would ask how the critics of the odds would otherwise calculate them. England are clearly favoured by the format to make the semis, where even a total lottery would be 3-1, but they have beaten everyone at home they might meet in a semi or final.

One chance in three does not seem outlandish to me.

Comment

Which if any of the last round of group matches are going to be effective quarter-finals, with winners going through at the expense of losers? England v NZ, India v Sri Lanka, Australia v South Africa?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                  England world cup kit. Not a fan of this shade - looks a bit weak and pyjama-y with matching trousers.

https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/1130906687689437185?s=19​​​​​​
                                  Man City just have to dominate everything, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    This seems like a really stupid question given that every nation will have their own kit supplier. But the uniforms aren't centrally designed are they? There seem to be a lot of common elements.
                                    Isn't that just cricket kits in general all being quite homogeneous in each format?

Comment

Which if any of the last round of group matches are going to be effective quarter-finals, with winners going through at the expense of losers? England v NZ, India v Sri Lanka, Australia v South Africa?
                                      I reckon England will be through by then but NZ might need something, Sri Lanka could be out by that point, though Aus v SA could be yer one.

Comment

Love the Indian and Sri Lankan kits.

Comment

That Pakistan kit is A1. The Australian kit serves two functions perfectly: it very classic Australian, and it has enough stupid features (that weird neckline) to make you annoyed with the people wearing them.
                                          Last edited by diggedy derek; 22-05-2019, 15:58.

Comment

England should certainly be overwhelming favourites. That doesn’t mean the ECB should have boxed themselves into a corner where anything other than lifting the trophy will be seen not just as a disappointment but a disaster.

It will be a terrible shame if England don’t win, partly because it could well be their last reasonable chance, given that the ECB is now making all domestic 50 over cricket a 2nd XI game.

Comment

All the captains. Bangladesh have put a red band on their kit after all. England's is growing on me a bit.

Comment

Have the squads been finalised yet? It was supposed to have been finalised by the 22nd, but I've only seen England and Pakistan "confirmed" yet. I guess the others could all have gone with their provisional ones.

Comment

Only Morgan and Holder eschewing facial hair. Lord Maclaurin wouldn't be impressed. Sarfraz looks about 45.

Comment

Good news everybody. There's a Podmore(cast) at half-eleven.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X