No announcement yet.

Cricket World Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a strange sport this is. Yesterday the batsmen slowly plodded along against the 'second tier' bowlers and it was painfully tedious. Today it's unbearably tense.

Anyway, it's either going to be a NZ win (hooray) or a thrilling heroic chase (polite clap), so happy enough. As are Aus/Eng, you imagine.

Comment

Another dreadfully slow start from Dhoni.

Comment

New Zealand on top in those last ten overs; they had got their run rate acceleration going by this point.

Comment

Another wicket - this is looking a cert now.

Comment

CricInfo's win probability now at 10.26 percent

Comment

India were 98% or so at the start of the innings.

Comment

I know we discourage emojis here, but if ever there was a moment for a face slap emoji...

Comment

I'm happy without emojis, but I was wondering if this was a rule from the start of this board and who imposed it.

Comment

Methinks that Indian telly will be demanding a format change for the next tournament to have a semi final stage like the wretched IPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                      I'm happy without emojis, but I was wondering if this was a rule from the start of this board and who imposed it.
                      The Branes Trust, just like all of other rules.

I should try to dig out that thread for you sometime, it is amusing.

More seriously, it was never a rule and more of a "we don't do that here" convention. Which brought about the use of "[insert smiley thing]" and the like.

Comment

30 to 35 were five good overs for India. Not quite the cert I thought.

Comment

The RRR continues to climb, though. Up to 109 in 12 overs, which is 9.08. And they can't risk throwing the bats too much. This pair and Kumar are essentially the end of their batting.

Comment

Santner has yet to concede a boundary and has two overs left

Comment

It's over and has been for a while.

Comment

New Zealand are presumably in boundary protect mode. Each single means India drop further behind the rate.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Santner has yet to concede a boundary and has two overs left
                                  Well, you cursed him on that one. Jadeja's six must have been within seconds of you hitting post!

Comment

If only I could control my powers . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      It's over and has been for a while.
                                      Jadeja is raging against that one. In the context of this match that is an extremely rapid 50. They have managed 9 or 10 in each of their last five overs now, I think. Comfortably India's biggest partnership of the match.

Comment

This going down to the last over, I'll guess 13 to win off it.

Comment

I know received wisdom is that we're supposed to hate India. But I bloody love Jadeja

Comment

Woah

Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                              This going down to the last over, I'll guess 13 to win off it.
                                              That depends on the frontline NZ bowlers. They only have to get one more over out of Neesham and then Ferguson, Boult and Henry can deliver the rest. And they need to do is keep the average down to a a run a ball and India will need 20+ in that last one.

Comment

Ta. Got in last night. I'll update the Finland thread later. Twas a good break

Comment

10 off that one from Ferguson thanks to Jadeja's fourth 6 of the innings. And now Neesham to finish off, facing Jadeja...

Scratch that, Boult is coming on for his last. Who bowls the spare over I wonder? And when?

Comment

Boult, no?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X