Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket World Cup 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Amla cleared to bat. And likely to be coming in now.

    Comment


      #77
      Archer's bouncer is quite a weapon.

      Comment


        #78
        Archer coming back on is just what Amla didn't want.

        Comment


          #79
          Oh. My. Days!

          Comment


            #80
            That was a worldy of a catch from Stokes.

            Comment


              #81
              Good to see a match in which performances in the field and with the ball look like being the more decisive ones

              Comment


                #82
                Bira 91 to be precise, here is the Wiki

                Comment


                  #83
                  First ever wicket at a world cup for an English leg spinner apparently.

                  Just checking what time I can watch the highlights tonight... Er... Have I got this right? 11pm!?! Sort it out Channel 4.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    The beerier corners of the internet are suggesting that Bira 91's offerings are utterly abysmal.

                    Ooh, nine down now.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      IT'S COMING HOME

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Just read a tournament preview in the Indy- SL forecast to finish 10th. Bah

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Early candidate for Understatement Of The Tournament from Sam Curran on TMS who describes Bairstow's dismissal as "not ideal"

                          Comment


                            #88
                            As someone who has fallen out of love with cricket in recent years, by not having access to it but also the preponderance of slog-it formats, may I ask if this current England team is worth following in terms of their own personalties?

                            Or will I found out that they're all Brexity/Tory posh boys?

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by longeared View Post
                              The beerier corners of the internet are suggesting that Bira 91's offerings are utterly abysmal.
                              The white beer is very nice, lots of citrus and coriander notes.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by KGR View Post
                                As someone who has fallen out of love with cricket in recent years, by not having access to it but also the preponderance of slog-it formats, may I ask if this current England team is worth following in terms of their own personalties?

                                Or will I found out that they're all Brexity/Tory posh boys?
                                Ben Stokes's presence doesn't help. But I think most of the rest of the team are OK. I don't think anyone has a bad word to say about Moeen Ali, for instance.

                                Comment


                                  #91
                                  I have a weird premonition that this opening game will be replayed as the final. Maybe because that's what happened at the ice hockey one.

                                  Comment


                                    #92
                                    Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                    IT'S COMING HOME
                                    I presume the monstrosity this refers to was audible on TV?


                                    Comment


                                      #93
                                      The game was over as a contest when de Kock contrived to get himself out. Duminy shouldn't be in the team when Miller has been left at home, as that shot proved. SA will fail miserably at this World Cup, for no change.

                                      Comment


                                        #94
                                        Miller is in the squad isn't he? This South Africa side is a bit short on depth, but add Steyn to it and it looks stronger. Shame about ABV and the Kolpaks.

                                        Comment


                                          #95
                                          Simon Harmer took 8-98 for Essex today...

                                          ​​​​​​Here's a recent attempt at a Kolpak XI.
                                          https://m.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Prot...oteas-20190227
                                          Last edited by Kevin S; 30-05-2019, 21:07.

                                          Comment


                                            #96
                                            Miller wasn't in the original squad but was called up due to injury earlier in the month.

                                            Comment


                                              #97
                                              Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

                                              I presume the monstrosity this refers to was audible on TV?

                                              I heard the music in the background of TMS. Thought it was weird to play it but couldn't hear the words so I had no idea it was a cricket version. That's just wrong on every level.

                                              Though I found myself getting annoyed at hearing Crazy In Love for a boundary too.

                                              Comment


                                                #98
                                                Did I just see some blokes dressed in costumes from Zulu? Fucking hell. Cricket fans are as daft as football fans...

                                                Comment


                                                  #99
                                                  I have a ticket for New Zealand v Sri Lanka tomorrow in Cardiff.

                                                  Except I haven't, because it still hasn't turned up.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                    Did I just see some blokes dressed in costumes from Zulu? Fucking hell. Cricket fans are as daft as football fans...
                                                    Which, is why I didn't apply for any England games.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X