Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporting
    replied
    I'm happy without emojis, but I was wondering if this was a rule from the start of this board and who imposed it.

Leave a comment:

• gt3
    replied
    I know we discourage emojis here, but if ever there was a moment for a face slap emoji...

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    India were 98% or so at the start of the innings.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    CricInfo's win probability now at 10.26 percent

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Another wicket - this is looking a cert now.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    New Zealand on top in those last ten overs; they had got their run rate acceleration going by this point.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Another dreadfully slow start from Dhoni.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    What a strange sport this is. Yesterday the batsmen slowly plodded along against the 'second tier' bowlers and it was painfully tedious. Today it's unbearably tense.

Anyway, it's either going to be a NZ win (hooray) or a thrilling heroic chase (polite clap), so happy enough. As are Aus/Eng, you imagine.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Pant's off.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Spot on Rogin, as TMS just quoted 110 now that 20 overs has been completed (and hence we will definitely get a result).

The worm is a bit closer, but obviously depends strongly on Pant and Pandya hanging around.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Levin View Post
    It there anywhere that shows the DLS par score? I can't see it on criciinfo or cricbuzz.
    I think India would need to be up around 110 after 20 overs, having lost 4 wickets. They're way behind that. NZ can start praying for rain.

Leave a comment:

• Vicarious Thrillseeker
    replied
    'It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.'

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Pandya has never made an ODI century, though I suppose he's usually in late enough that there aren't that many balls to score one off.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    He hardly "hoicked one in the air", the ball barely went a foot above the ground.

The commentary team still talking as if Dhoni is the man to save this innings, he might do but that would be despite the evidence of his scores so far this tournament.

Leave a comment:

• nmrfox
    replied
    Bizarre from Dinesh Khartik. 21 balls to get off the mark, 6 runs in 4 balls then puts one in the air for Neesham to take a great catch. 25/4 now.
    Last edited by nmrfox; 10-07-2019, 10:57.

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    It there anywhere that shows the DLS par score? I can't see it on criciinfo or cricbuzz.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Kohli's dismissal is a pretty effective rebuttal to fix theorists. That lbw could have been turned down (on the field) with only minor controversy. And back in the day of home umpires, routinely was.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Bloody hell.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Bugger me sideways!

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Should be a doddle, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    India would have chased 237 from 46 under yesterday's D/L conditions if play had resumed so 240 from 50 swings it to their favour relative to that. But, as was noted yesterday, D/L assumes average quality of batters and bowlers.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    India should win this comfortably enough, unless Boult and Ferguson can put on a Wasim/Waqar tribute act.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Surely play should have started an hour or so later to minimise the dew effect (unfair on NZ starting early twice) or is dew not a thing any more?

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    According to Cricinfo, we will get enough overs before the rain for this definitely to have a result. The key for India is to stay ahead of Duckworth Lewis, which I'm sure they've got constantly on screen and/or paper in the dressing room.
    Is there a strong likelihood of rain forecast today?

The Kiwis struggling, three gone already this morning. I wonder how significant the break in play is in that. Though I suppose a lot of teams have holed out late trying to go big to improve a lowish score.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X