Clear All

• Kevin S
    replied
    31 from 12

Ferguson with over 49

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Dhoni off strike on the last ball of the over. Bring Neesham on here, surely.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    And that should end that. Jadeja out with India still ~30 short.

Leave a comment:

• nmrfox
    replied
    Now Dhoni will have to up his strike rate from 60%

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Jadeja gone

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Now over 2 a ball needed.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Just 5 off Henry's last over. Now Boult, Ferguson and ANOther (presumably Neesham) have one left each. That Neesham one looks the key...

Leave a comment:

• Flynnie
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    The North American leagues are very aware of the issues with spot-fixing and one of the reasons why they haven't started already is that they are taking their time in devising strategies to make it less attractive.

My understanding is that one idea getting serious consideration is limiting limiting the range of bets available and announcing them as late as the beginning of the relevant inning so that bookies don't have time to get to players.

I still tend to expect that there will be at least one high-profile case here. We've already had a high profile NBA ref engage in form of spot fixing over multiple seasons.
    Baseball would seem like a very good candidate for spot-fixing if the betting market isn't tightly regulated, especially with the number of career minor leaguers who get called up in September for likely their only real cup of coffee in The Show.

It's not especially hard to design the perfect spot-fixing candidate: a relief pitcher in his late 20s, either a college draftee who got a perfunctory bonus or a Latino player, soft-tosser type. Maybe with a family so relocating to Japan isn't particularly desirable. If you offer that person a million bucks in cash to walk the first hitter of their next appearance, they may well have a think about it.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Boult, no?

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    10 off that one from Ferguson thanks to Jadeja's fourth 6 of the innings. And now Neesham to finish off, facing Jadeja...

Scratch that, Boult is coming on for his last. Who bowls the spare over I wonder? And when?

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Ta. Got in last night. I'll update the Finland thread later. Twas a good break

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by tee rex View Post
    This going down to the last over, I'll guess 13 to win off it.
    That depends on the frontline NZ bowlers. They only have to get one more over out of Neesham and then Ferguson, Boult and Henry can deliver the rest. And they need to do is keep the average down to a a run a ball and India will need 20+ in that last one.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Woah

Welcome back

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    I know received wisdom is that we're supposed to hate India. But I bloody love Jadeja

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    This going down to the last over, I'll guess 13 to win off it.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    It's over and has been for a while.
    Jadeja is raging against that one. In the context of this match that is an extremely rapid 50. They have managed 9 or 10 in each of their last five overs now, I think. Comfortably India's biggest partnership of the match.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    If only I could control my powers . . .

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Santner has yet to concede a boundary and has two overs left
    Well, you cursed him on that one. Jadeja's six must have been within seconds of you hitting post!

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    New Zealand are presumably in boundary protect mode. Each single means India drop further behind the rate.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    It's over and has been for a while.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Santner has yet to concede a boundary and has two overs left

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    The RRR continues to climb, though. Up to 109 in 12 overs, which is 9.08. And they can't risk throwing the bats too much. This pair and Kumar are essentially the end of their batting.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    30 to 35 were five good overs for India. Not quite the cert I thought.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    I'm happy without emojis, but I was wondering if this was a rule from the start of this board and who imposed it.
    The Branes Trust, just like all of other rules.

I should try to dig out that thread for you sometime, it is amusing.

More seriously, it was never a rule and more of a "we don't do that here" convention. Which brought about the use of "[insert smiley thing]" and the like.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Methinks that Indian telly will be demanding a format change for the next tournament to have a semi final stage like the wretched IPL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X