No announcement yet.

Cricket World Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No snark detected, I'm fronting off not a lot myself. Yeah, I suppose there is and that's why I think England will make the final four without much difficulty. But there are times when having the best batting lineup in the world just isn't enough on the day, whether that's down to canny bowling and fielding, the conditions, errors, off-days or even bad luck. I do wonder how many of these monster scores we've posted in the past couple of years are thanks to the stars aligning.

Comment

Mind you, they're ticking along nicely at the moment.

Comment

Wow, jinxing England works quickly these days.

Comment

Costly over for Hasan Ali there.

Comment

But then another tight one from Hafeez. Even on radio and text this is brilliant.

Comment

Worm at 20 overs

Comment

Tremendously spiky debate on TMS just now about Mankading between Fazeer Mohammed and Graeme Swann. And Stokes out while I'm typing that. Oh dear.

Comment

I don't really see a way out of this one for England. Which is bad as an England supporter, but probably good for the tournament.

Comment

Really? No way out with Buttler and Root together? And Moeen still to come and a decent tail (though weaker than usual). Obviously I tipped Pakistan to win at half way and they are clear favourites now, but this isn't over yet.

Comment

It's evens on Betfair, but these two need to do a bit more work yet.

Comment

Cricinfo's algorithm gives them a 37 percent chance, even though the historical conversion rate is only 15 percent

Comment

33 over worm

Comment

Roooooooooot

Did the barmy army really just do You're Not Singing Any More?

Comment

Root gone - 100 still needed.

Comment

Huge ask for the tail now. Pakistan should see this out.

Comment

There would seem to be money to be made betting against England

Comment

All over bar the shouting. Well played, Pakistan.

Comment

Tremendous game.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        There would seem to be money to be made betting against England
                                        Yes. As in footy, so in cricket

Comment

It might do England some good to have a bit of a shock early on, to be honest. Fantastic match, frustrating that I had tickets for it and couldn't make it!

Comment

Congratulations Pakistan. A really disciplined, energetic performance by all accounts.

Comment

It makes the tournament better and, yes, ends any complacency that might have been around the squad. Supports the argument made by some posters above (which I had doubted at the time) that England's odds were too short going in.

Comment

Really enjoyed those highlights, the International Circus took a very well deserved defeat.

Good for the competition overall.

Pakistan the most unpredictable team ever.

Comment

The match today has a do-or-die feel about it quite early in the tournament. Sri Lanka and Afghanistan took heavy beatings from NZ and Australia so they will be targeting today as the match with which to bounce back.

Afghanistan's recent promotion to the top table means these two have only played three times in ODIs in the past. Sri Lanka won the first two, in the 2014 Asia Cup and the 2015 World Cup but Afghanistan were victorious last autumn in the 2018 Asia Cup.

Comment

Today might be the first washout - rain forecast on and off all day in Cardiff. If they do get started, definitely could be one to keep an eye on the D-L calculators.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X