X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England vs New Zealand ODI Thread

No-one cares, do they...

I care as i'm in a works superleague in the Fantasy Cricket. Think the competition might be more important as the players can get a good bit of practice for the Twenty/20 cash cow.

Listening on the radio and Bopara has disappointed (again) out for 4. Surely Mascheranos should have been in the team?

Comment

I care, I'm watching it. Pietersen's been a joy and Shah has come out as if he's in a 20-20 match. Top notch stuff. Over 300 is a very good score.

Comment

Have "we done" the Stanford thing?
        It's rather OTT even by American standards.

Comment

Sort of half-heartedly here.

Comment

I may be alone on OTF in preferring 50s to the other two main formats.

Stanford's hilarious helicopter descent into Lord's reminded me of Apocalypse Now. I've emailed my friend Ruthie in the ticket office for any juicy anecdotes.

Probably needless to say that he's unsound on trade union membership and related issues.

As the pundits were discussing at lunchtime today, a fringe player (Shah, say) could net the million Caribbucks for winning in Antigua without even getting into the 'proper' England teams.

Comment

Thanks, GO. I missed that while in the cricket wasteland of Kyiv.

Like E10, I don't have any fundamental objections to 20/20 (and really enjoyed a number of the IPL matches we saw), but it seems to be that Stanford's model is essentially that of the guys who used to promote "match races" betweeen Jesse Owens and thoroughbred horses.

I'm also worried about Stanford's influence on the Windies, but that is far from the only aspect of Windies cricket that worries me at the moment (the Aussies' lead is up to 403, btw).

Comment

Does anyone know where I could watch highlights from the recent England v New Zealand Twenty20 game and the ODI series on the web? Still not got Skysports.

Comment

Working...
                X