X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pello Bilbao wins the stage, but Carapaz wins the day

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      Androni are what I think every Pro Conti team should aspire to.

They take the Coppa Italia very seriously so as to assure themselves a Giro place.and then play their role of animating their home tour to the hilt.

The jersey is a mess, but that's capitalism.
      But at least when it had the Romanian flag edging it was an aesthetically pleasing mess (of sponsors)- it’s too red now

i have a couple of jerseys in my collection from that era, plus some Venezuela black shorts

Comment

Fair to say this edition won't go down in the pantheon of classic Giros, but well done Richard.

Comment

Same here - a classy finish though the way they set up the Arena di Verona and just had him cycle straight in after crossing the finishing line.

Was surprised at how close Roglic came to not getting past Landa; that was a surprisingly weak ITT by his standards. I mean, top ten is ok and all that, but he was beaten on the day by Nibali.

Sivakov finished as top Russian, so there'll be plenty more to see of him I think.

And Simon Yates achieved his fourth top ten at a GT, moving ahead of Bradley Wiggins on that score as it happens. He also has a top ten at all three GTs and I wonder how many other Brits have that? Froome and Pippa York (née Robert Millar) have done it, making Simon Yates at least the third, but are there any others? Wiggins never had a successful Giro, and Adam Yates needs to do it at the Vuelta to complete the set.
          Last edited by Kevin S; 02-06-2019, 19:21.

Comment

Working...
          X