Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent!

Comment

That was magnificent. 0-3 down following two goals in about 10 seconds, back to 3-3. Bowns and the defence somehw kept France out during the first part of extra-time, then a breakaway winner.
      Wish I was in Kosice this evening.

Comment

Brief highlights, including the OT saves and the winner.

Comment

In an even bigger upset, Italy, who have been absolutely awful for the entire tournament (Scored 1, Conceded 45) before today, managed to beat Austria in a shootout to conserve their place at the top table.

Comment

The whole FRA-GBR match is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU_hf2-0tCM Worth watching the second period in particular, overtime starts at about 2:18:30 on here, which is also worth a watch, especially the 30 second period where France have about 5 chances in a row. Celebrations and everything are also here

Comment

Wooo-hooo! Great fight back and a tremendous set of saves by Bowns just prior to Davies' winner. It's as hard as hell getting into group A of the world championships and then harder again staying there, so congrats to the team for doing just that, it's no mean feat. Interesting statistic in today's local paper is that this was Britain's first victory in group A since 1962, where they beat someone called Finland 7-5.

Comment

Congrats to GB for staying up. Maybe the game might get somewhere in the UK if the league can get its act together.

I’m surprised Italy is so bad, but more surprised that Austria is even worse.

Comment

I think Olympic qualification is the only thing that will dramatically boost the sport in this country. Even these Worlds have been hidden away on niche broadcasters, though there was some wider notice taken of the successful final game.

Comment

I'm enjoying the Russia-USA game at the moment. Live here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAcqf6ZO86g

Currently 2-1 to Russia approaching the end of the second period

Comment

Ans Switzerland have just gone 2-1 up on Canada with practically the last moment of the 2nd period https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhuSuQMpdzo

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        I'm enjoying the Russia-USA game at the moment. Live here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAcqf6ZO86g

Currently 2-1 to Russia approaching the end of the second period
                        4-2 Russia now, with abut 12 minutes left. it's fast and exciting.

Comment

And geo-blocked in the US.

Swiss still up 2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            And geo-blocked in the US.
                            Oh shit really? Not sure that Romania has ever won at geo-blocking ever in my experience

*I think there is no broadcaster in the country showing it which might explain why we get IIHF's live feed

Comment

I am watching the Swiss (with annoying Canadian commentary).

It is only the US game that is blocked.

Comment

4-3 with 2.30 to go

Comment

4-3 final. It was an excellent game

Comment

oh my god, last second?

Comment

0.3 seconds remaining, Canada equalise

Comment

Crosses the line with four tenths of a second on the clock.

We go to overtime.

Comment

Heartbreak for the Swiss

Comment

They won with 1.8 seconds left against Slovakia in the group. That was just practice.

Really good game between Russia vs USA. The US were always chasing, Russia having scored less than 2 mins in, so perhaps that was the difference there.

I hope Finland go on and win this.

Comment

I would really like to see Finland and Russia play 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5.

Comment

Bit of an uncertain start by the Swedes. Mikkola really got hold of that one!

Comment

Christ, that was an effective power play, 1-1.

Comment

The Swedes are distinctly on top now, 1-2.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X