No announcement yet.

Eyeore, eyeore, Altior - Cheltenham 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a bit wet and cold, but still worth it. Started off well was on both Klassical Dream and Itchy Feet in the first, but not much else other than Melon, my e/w banker of the week. Saw Ruby crash down right in front of me, he is not a popular man right now, a lot of Irish lads whose whole week he has just fucked... like he did with Annie Power.

Saw Jamie Redknapp looking dapper, and Mrs D saw "That actor from Casualty".

Mrs D knows virtually nothing about the sport, so of course she knocked in 3 winners and a long-priced e/w.

Comment

I also had a winner in the 4.50 with A Plus Tard at 5-1. Two wins means I now have my stake money for Friday.

Comment

Great stuff Paul and rotten luck Simon.

Crap day for me, I thought I had e/w for first 4 on Lady Buttons, but those free bets really are strict. Is the Sky Bet free bet on the first race of the day free for every day or just for one race? I thought I would hold off until Friday as it isn't 100% clear.

Any tips for Friday, Paul?

Comment

It's everyday this week Steve if you mean the money back as cash - maximum £20 stake. I messed mine up this morning - no idea who to go for tomorrow though. I'll do some reading in them morning before placing my bet.

Comment

Oh right, the wording in these deals is so hard to fathom. I usually use betway because of their 2nd place money back on ITV racing, it means I don't have to bother with e/w bets. But I found out a couple of weeks ago it will only return your money on one 2nd place in one day.

Right, going to choose my horse for tomorrow's first race!

Comment

Ok, Battleoverdoyen it is.

Comment

Just seen this, it's horrible. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e-horse-racing

Comment

Vile bastards all, feudal owners and trainers to the fuckin jockeys.

Ban this Sick Filth.

Comment

I like the capitals, LS. Gives it that Daily Mail touch.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                      Great stuff Paul and rotten luck Simon.

Any tips for Friday, Paul?
                      Afraid not mate, I just struck lucky with those two races. To be honest, I'm still cock-a-hoop over that win in the Mares Hurdle. To have the favourite fall at the last and the 2F go on to win like that is really dramatic stuff and the reason why I love NH racing so much. In fact, it's the reason why I love Cheltenham so much, because I can see all sections of society there, all enjoying the same thing and all enjoying the same spectacle.

Comment

Lot of talk of corruption (locally) following the Mares Hurdle yesterday. Some people saying it's convenient that Ruby Walsh has had the exact same thing happen to him twice in 4 years. Then again, that may just be the rumblings of people who had heavily backed them. A lot of Irish will have had their week spoiled.

As for me - today I've gone for Easy Game in the first (8/1) using the Skybet cash-back offer, then done a 25p e/w on the remaining 6 races which returns just over £4k. If Easy Game comes in, I might have a bit more of a flutter on the day, but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

ITV have just compared Annie Power and Benie des Dieux's falls and suggested that racing into strong sunshine may have caused both horses to see shadows and take off too early, and they were identical falls, so maybe.
                          Talk of corruption is silly and an emotional reaction to losing money. It's difficult to persuade these horses to do anything other than run and jump, they don't have a "fall" button.

Comment

I completely agree.

This is why I never bet big stakes by the way - it's just all too unpredictable.

Comment

Pocket talking nonsense - and most of it from £2 EW merchants. Why risk serious injury (and God knows Walsh's body is held together by gaffer tape at this stage), even death for a sports bag full of cash stuffed inside a train station locker. If* there is corrucption in the sport it happens well away from high profile meets like this.

*There almost certainly is.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                I like the capitals, LS. Gives it that Daily Mail touch.
                                that was the idea

Comment

Three nice horses there going forward. Fitting that the winner is a huge lump (over 18 hands high) and races in the old Denman colours.

Comment

My first placer of the festival. Honestly thought Santini was going to bring it home as well.

Comment

7 Lil Rockerfel on the 2.50 for me. It's a bit of a punt but I had a couple of good wins yesterday

Comment

The next one makes or breaks my Accumulator - I'm on Killultagh Vic. If that wins (or places) I should place in the remaining 4 races for a return of £11 off 25p e/w.

Comment

It's Bad News Bears here at the moment, a bunch of outsiders that are fully justifying that title. Hoping that Amazing Comedy in the 4.10 can stem the tide.

Comment

Let's hope 5 Min comes up trumps for me on the Queen Mother.

Comment

Well, they did give Altior 10 lengths start there...

Comment

The post-race analysis says no to that - it just looked like it at the time.

Comment

Prabeni at 28/1 this morning is a interesting EW angle in the next.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                                    The post-race analysis says no to that - it just looked like it at the time.
                                                    Yes, looked like a false start but on the replay you could see they were together, just Saint Calvados and Altior jumped off well, whereas Politologue reared a bit, which put the others off.

Altior's performance yesterday showed why he's difficult to love absolutely as an all-time great - an analyst before said he's not got many "Youtube moments" for a horse with such a record, unlike say Masterminded, who I still occasionally look up, and for whom I stood in the pouring rain on Tuesday as he was paraded with the retrained horses.

Tiger Roll, on the other hand, was stunning, looked as if he'd be quite happy to do another circuit as he strolled in 22 lengths clear.

I was on him, and got the last two winners as well, although at much better odds than the SP.
                                                    Experience dictates that you go small after a winning day, and luckily there's nothing screaming out at me today.
                                                    Paisley Park will probably win, longer shots are Flemcara in the second and Arkwrisht in the last, mainly because I love the name.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X