X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    A supercharger yesterday:

Last edited by Gangster Octopus; 29-05-2019, 16:01.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Very much so.

As I noted on the other thread, the World League of American Football would be ashamed of them.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Is it just me or are those team names upthread pisspoor even by the usual standards of these things? London Spirit sounds like a perfume, Welsh Fire is good, Southern Brave just sounds odd, Birmingham Phoenix (why?) & Leeds Superchargers (why again and what's a supercharger?) Trent Rockets is bang on though, given Nottingham's important place in the story of the UK's space industry.
    Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 29-05-2019, 15:59.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    The franchises to be based at Old Trafford and the Oval, for which names have yet to be finalised.
    Guess: Lancashire Hotshots, London Lions

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Any chance of a Belfast franchise? The Stormont Stasis would be good

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Not that I have seen

Then again, the ECB has repeatedly said that they really don't care what people who like cricket think.

It is sort of their version of E-sports.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Is there anyone, aside from the ECB themselves, who has a positive thing to say about this?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The franchises to be based at Old Trafford and the Oval, for which names have yet to be finalised.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Who else is there?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The names will help

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    120 is also a multiple of five.

But yes, this is just... a bit weird. At 120 balls you're already not really looking at a contest between bat and ball - it's a contest between one team's bats and the other's bats. This is going to be like that but more so.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    What is it about multiples of six that so deter and confuse potential cricket fans? Multiples of five will Instantly Transform its Appeal

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    An example of that, Flynnie, is that when Nike released that brilliantly done "Nothing Beats A Londoner" video, there was no goddamn cricket (and very few Asians) in it all.

Rogin Ė haha!

Leave a comment:

• Flynnie
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    I like the suggestion that the ECB is going to punish Surrey for voting No by denying the Oval a franchise, therefore ensuring a lesser take for everyone.
    It would be so ECB to further condemn cricket to obscurity in London.

I honestly forget the sport exists here. I live in the largest BAME borough in the UK*. Not good.

*as Barney Ronay has discussed, shoving Lewisham cricket into Kentís realm is a major dereliction of duty by the ECB.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I like the suggestion that the ECB is going to punish Surrey for voting No by denying the Oval a franchise, therefore ensuring a lesser take for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    100 balls is just so different from 120 balls. A radical change!

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    If the ball goes over the neighbour's fence, it will be counted as "six and out"

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Each batsman will face a maximum of three deliveries, and will be out if they do not hit one and gain a run from it. An "innings" will be over once three batsmen have been dismissed either through failure to hit, being caught from a hit, or being run out, and ... oh hang on someone's done this?
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 21-02-2019, 19:02.

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    Just not feeling it at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X