No announcement yet.

MLB 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the 50th anniversary of them ruining my childhood, and the local media is awash in nostalgic celebration.

I prefer to take a somewhat different approach.

Comment

Leo Durocher ruined your childhood, not the Miracle Mets.

Randy Hundley caught 150 games. 150. He hit .214 after the break. Fergie Jenkins threw 15 complete games by the break, he had a 4.07 ERA in the second half, almost a run and a half higher.
      Last edited by Flynnie; 28-06-2019, 22:55.

Comment

He didn't act alone

Comment

Well, fuck.

Comment

Pitching duels are for aficiandos aren't they? There probably aren't that many of those at the London Stadium. Good job etc. (6-6 after one innings!).

The Yankees put tomorrow's planned starter in for the during first innings. Do they have a replacement over here with them? Or is someone getting a call that their weekend off is cancelled and to get their ass to to JFK pronto?

Comment

Normally the entire squad would travel for something like this.

Comment

Flip channel. Immediate home run for NY. 8-6 in the top of the 3rd. This game is going to take hours, isn't it?

Comment

Every game takes hours

And these two clubs are notorious for playing the slowest matches in the sport.

The question is if they will come in under four hours.
                  Last edited by ursus arctos; 29-06-2019, 19:03.

Comment

The Yankees are currently tearing Boston a new one. 14-6 in the bottom of the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      The question is if they will come in under four hours.
                      After 3h7m of play, it had reached the middle of the fifth with the Yankees 17-6 up. Four hours is a given. It's more like whether they drag it out to a cricket-esque six!

Comment

Keep in mind that the Sox will almost definitely have to bat in the bottom of the ninth

Comment

I hate the sound of Joe Buck's voice. He ruins everything.

Comment

These two clubs played a 6 hour 49 minute game in 2015

Comment

I remember that. The only reason I watched to the end was because it was a Friday night. Well, and because it was a close game. Who am I kidding, I would have watched on a work night anyway.

Comment

Were the fireworks I just heard, this?

Comment

Is there any way both of these teams can lose?

Comment

Oh Christ, Boston are fighting back. 17-10, bottom of the sixth. If it goes to extra innings, they might run in to very British things like inflexible finishing times due to planning constraints...

Comment

Sorry, bottom of the seventh.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                        Were the fireworks I just heard, this?
                                        Probably. Boston hit a home run a few minutes ago. Seems a likely candidate.

Comment

I think that last incident may have summed things up. 2 outs, runners on 1st and 3rd, full count, and the pitcher walks the batter on a wild pitch that allows the player on 3rd to score and bring it to 17-12. Are the pitchers being driven out from the bullpen in a clown car?

Comment

Double, 17-13, runners on 2nd and 3rd. Fourth six run half-inning of the night, two per side. Just because bat-and-ball games in England generally last all day and involve ~300 runs scored, doesn't mean everyone has to.

Comment

When this guy releases the ball his back foot it way off the mark. I still don't get how that's ok.

Comment

I presume US viewers aren't suffering the purgatorial "delights" of Craig Doyle.

Comment

It needs to be in contact at the beginning of the delivery, not when the ball is released

Comment

Ah, ok. Thanks Ursus. That makes more sense now.

I read that IPL games are getting longer on average season by season. But this is very leisurely.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X