No announcement yet.

MLB 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly the strategy should be to go for pop flies.

Comment

It was one of those Chicago days where it should have been in the 50s but the wind was blasting so hard it felt like low 30s when in the sun. Two days ago it got up to 70. Yesterday it rained all day and was cold. Today sunny and freezing because of the wind. As I say every year (repeatedly) from December-June: I never should have left LA.

Comment

Darvish curse definitely not over.

Comment

Single admission DH. Piss away chance after chance and lose the 1st 6-5, give up 13 runs in 4 innings in the 2nd.

WE GAVE UP ELEVEN GODDAMNED HOME RUNS TONIGHT. 11. CHRIS DAVIS HAD TO PITCH.
          Last edited by jefe; 21-04-2019, 04:21.

Comment

Arse.

Comment

Get in.

Comment

Very nice win.

Outstanding piece of work from Chatwood.

Comment

Yeah, I no longer feel like he's going to give up a dozen walks every game. Though I may be displacing that fear on to Darvish.

Comment

I still have a completely irrational belief in Yu, which is likely rooted in my NPB fandom and the sheer unlikelihood of a Persian-Japanese pitcher playing for my favourite team.

Comment

I think the MLB office relocated to Colorado when the schedules were made. The schedulers were busy getting high and laughing about the Brewers playing (17?) games in a row against the Dodgers and Cardinals. Meanwhile the Yankees and Red Sox played two games, won't see each other again until London, and then don't meet again until after Memorial Day. If I remember correctly they play each other a lot at the end of the season, which might not be as interesting if the everything has been settled.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NPB_Reddit/status/1121389880376905729

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1121806146979889153[/URL]

Comment

Wilson Contreras fouls off a pitch--the ball ends up in the umpire's bag:

https://v.redd.it/eu66osgwrou21

Comment

The Padres are in DC and I'm watching a very entertaining 10th inning where the score's gone from 2-2 to 7-2, and may be about to go to 8-2 although we have some umpire controversy as they seem not 100% sure of the rules. A wild throw was going toward the dugout and the catcher sprinted and got the ball - he fell into the dugout but he kept the ball physically out of the dugout. They don't seem sure that it's a base advanced. It seems to be a question of whether he's on his feet or not

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                Single admission DH. Piss away chance after chance and lose the 1st 6-5, give up 13 runs in 4 innings in the 2nd.

WE GAVE UP ELEVEN GODDAMNED HOME RUNS TONIGHT. 11. CHRIS DAVIS HAD TO PITCH.
                                So I went to Minneapolis and watched them give up 10 more in 2 games. At least Target Field plays Dylan-Like A Rolling Stone as the 7th inning stretch music.

Comment

I have seen us play Minnesota 4 times this season, and give up 21 total home runs in those games. Including 2 430+ foot HR's to people batting under .200, in the same inning. What (and I cannot stress this enough) the ACTUAL fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                    I have seen us play Minnesota 4 times this season, and give up 21 total home runs in those games. Including 2 430+ foot HR's to people batting under .200, in the same inning. What (and I cannot stress this enough) the ACTUAL fuck.
                                    Target Field is nice, at least.

Comment

That was quite a game against the Mariners.

Comment

Woohoo

Comment

Wow. 81 pitches. Great to see Hendricks back on form.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1124500872778649607?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Ugh

Comment

Can't predict ball . . .

Comment

A little bit of drama at the end of the Cardinals-Cubs game on Saturday. Martinez led off the top of the 9th and called for time while in the box. He had his arm raised for way too long and finally the ump had enough. Strop through a strike and the Cardinals were in an uproar. I don't know how long the Cards think time should last while someone is actually in the box, but the ump did the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X