• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we're talking. Go Javy.

Comment

Enjoyable day for Dodger fans

Comment

And an opening day win for the Padres. In under 2hrs30, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
          Enjoyable day for Dodger fans
          they've hit 2 more home runs since I posted that

Comment

they've hit 2 more home runs since I posted that
            and now another. 8 homers. 12-2. It's still the 7th inning.

Comment

Robinson Cano wearing 24 for the Mets tees me off a little bit.

Comment

Jays start as they mean to go on (according to the article below) by getting shut out at home by Detroit.

Teams will be bad. That’s inevitable. But never before has losing been so purposeful or so cynical

Comment

Break up the Mariners

Comment

For Inca:

https://www.laweekly.com/news/la-wee...-cable-6782963

If this is something you're willing to do, send me a PM and I can share some experiences I've had using a VPN. Usually you need a dedicated IP address. For example, just using a VPN and setting it to the UK won't work with BBC iPlayer but using a dedicated UK IP will work. Maybe the same is true for the MLB package. Either way, a lot of these teams that are moving to their own networks need to look at what happened with the Dodgers and learn the lesson: temper the total greed and stick to a normal degree of greed.

About Ichiro:

In fairness, he really has been a platoon player for most of the past few years. So, his stat padding was minimal. I'd be shocked if he even played more than 20% of the games since he was with the Yankees. And whatever time he got with the Marlins was a product of their 20th fire sale.
                    Last edited by danielmak; 29-03-2019, 06:07.

Comment

Hanshin Tigers walk off their home opener on a wild pitch in the 11th.

Comment

FWIW, I've had luck with MLB.tv using a generic European country VPN when travelling, but that was within Europe. Never tried it in the US.

Comment

If you have signed up to mlb.tv, try using Canada on your VPN.

Comment

DirecTV has their annual free preview of the MLB package during the first week of the season. Diamondback-Dodgers were tied in the top of the 8th so I decided to jump to the second half of Portugal-Serbia from Monday figuring I did not want to get sucked into an extra inning game. I could feel extra innings coming with this one. Fifty minutes later I'm back and the game is still going. They're in the 11th. It's 11:57PM in LA and the stadium is half full (or half empty depending on your viewpoint). I know LA fans get a bad rap: arrive late and leave early. I dated a woman who made up those numbers back in the day so there is some truth to that description beyond just the traffic. Granted weeknight games were going to be leave early since she had work the next day. I was a college student who never took classes before 3pm once I could achieve that schedule. Anyway, the fact that it took 50 minutes to get from the top of the 8th to the top of the 11th speaks to the dead time in baseball right now. I swear each pitch is taking about a minute to happen between the pitcher screwing around with the rosin bag, the batter messing with his gloves, and the ump doing nothing about the rule that batters are supposed to stay in the box. This one is probably headed deep into the night.

Another rule change for me. UA is going to go crazy. If it's tied at the end of 11, it's a tie except in the playoffs. Each team gets .5 points. I'm not a fan of this put a guy on second rule (esp. since most guys can't drive in runs these days unless they hit it out of the park).
                            Last edited by danielmak; 30-03-2019, 07:05.

Comment

Japan's NPB does that after 12 innings and I wouldn't have a problem with MLB following their lead.

Arizona won it in the 13th.

Comment

Speaking of NPB, here's a nice fan video of opening day at Hanshin

Given the weather, Tigers are playing their early home games at the dome in Osaka, rather than at Koshien.

Comment

It may be the same day that World Cup winner and fan favourite Aya Sameshima threw the first pitch

Comment

Indeed it was.

They are now 2-0, having beat Yakult 1-0 today. This will not last.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                      For Inca:

https://www.laweekly.com/news/la-wee...-cable-6782963

If this is something you're willing to do, send me a PM and I can share some experiences I've had using a VPN. Usually you need a dedicated IP address. For example, just using a VPN and setting it to the UK won't work with BBC iPlayer but using a dedicated UK IP will work. Maybe the same is true for the MLB package. Either way, a lot of these teams that are moving to their own networks need to look at what happened with the Dodgers and learn the lesson: temper the total greed and stick to a normal degree of greed.
                                      Thanks, but honestly I hardly ever watch many full games during the regular season, certainly not enough to make a mlb.tv and a VPN subscription worth it. If there's a game I want to watch, I generally have pretty good luck with getting a stream and casting it to my Apple TV.

Comment

I went to bed sometime around 3am and the Dodgers game was still going, although the D-backs had just scored.

Thanks, but honestly I hardly ever watch many full games during the regular season, certainly not enough to make a mlb.tv and a VPN subscription worth it. If there's a game I want to watch, I generally have pretty good luck with getting a stream and casting it to my Apple TV.
                                        Every year I get excited about the free preview of the MLB package and think that I should subscribe and but then I never bother because I remember that I am unlikely to watch any games from start to finish until the playoffs. Between MLB Network, the two Chicago teams, Fox's weekend games, ESPN's games (app and TV), FS1, and Fox Deportes I get what I need.

Comment

It should be noted that it's the first time since 2011 that the Padres have had a winning record after 2 games.

There was a brief period between mid-April and mid-May 2015 when we were above 0.5, but that was it since 2011. This is literally on the second time in 8 years that we've had a better than 0.5 record this far into a season.
                                          Last edited by San Bernardhinault; 30-03-2019, 20:20.

Comment

Whew

Comment

And the Darvish curse continues... Though to be fair it's not like he gave up many hits.

Comment

That was one ugly game of baseball

Comment

Can you narrow that down? I saw two scunners. (Yankees should have slaughtered the O's today.)

Comment

Yankees continuing last season: inability to beat Baltimore, which is crazy. That giant gap between the Red Sox and Yankees last season can be attributed to so man losses to the Os.

Meanwhile the Dodgers are on pace to obliterate the runs record. That won't happen but it's fun to consider. Of course, more violence inside and outside the stadium is disgraceful.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X