No announcement yet.

MLB 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was referring to the Cubs managing to split with the Mets at Wrigley after having been down 3-0 late.

Comment

Myself and Mrs TrL went to Fenway yesterday for Red Sox v Blue Jays. Thoroughly enjoyed it, met some nice people, paid food, drink and (noting the earlier discussion) ticket prices that make Premier League football seem good value, but because of a rain delay we had to leave with the scores tied at 6-6 to be sure of catching our train out of North Station. Still, that's a lifetime sports-watching box ticked.

Comment

An all action game and a chance to see young Vlad and young Biggio.

Too bad you had to leave early.

Comment

Yeah, there was plenty going on if you could avoid being distracted by the constant stream of guys charging around with cans full of pretzels or boxes of $11 beer balanced on their heads (I had an aisle seat). It really is a non stop sales/consumption fest, isn't it?

I was aware of Vlad, but not Biggio - is he a star on the rise then?

Comment

The one and only time I was in Fenway, there were no beer sellers in the aisles. Some weird Massachusetts liquor law (they have many). So it seemed like people were always coming and going from their seats. Has that policy changed?

Comment

In San Diego it seems to mostly be vendors of bad churros. I see them as part of the entertainment, although it is annoying when they walk in your sightline during an at-bat.

Comment

It's definitely illegal to sell beer in the aisles in the State of California.

Fenway has weird policies about people coming and going. In SF, the ushers hold you at the entrance until the ball's in play or there's a foul ball so you don't block everyone else's view. I came back from a pee break to see Manny f'in Ramirez hitting and crouched down in an aisle, and proceeded to get into an argument with the usher who wasn't accepting "I don't want to block people's view of Manny Ramirez hitting". Argument ensued and thankfully Manny fouled one off and I got to my seat, otherwise I might have been chucked out of the stadium.

Comment

Biggio is considered promising, but not on the scale of Vlad Jr, who is thought to be a "generational talent" who can exceed his father's feats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                    The one and only time I was in Fenway, there were no beer sellers in the aisles. Some weird Massachusetts liquor law (they have many). So it seemed like people were always coming and going from their seats. Has that policy changed?
                    Evidently it has - there were at least six different beers being hawked up and down the aisles.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                      It's definitely illegal to sell beer in the aisles in the State of California.
                      If you'd asked me, I would have sworn that I've seen vendors at Petco hawking Coors Lite cans for some obscene price in the aisles. Nobody buys an $11 can of Coors Lite when there's drinkable beer for a mere $3 more in the concourses. So you don't see many of them (unlike the popcorn and churro and hot dog guys). But I'm sure they're out and about.

Comment

The Padres got a special exception to their liquor license

Padres COO Erik Greupner said, “We’re excited to launch our new beer hawking service -- the first of its kind in California in over 35 years -- which will improve fan experience at Petco Park by alleviating congestion at concession stands while offering the convenience of in-seat service in all sections.”

Comment

I guess we're less obnoxious drunks than the ones in Oakland and San Francisco and Anaheim and LA.

Comment

Dodgers won three games in a row off of walk-offs hit by rookies. Charley Steiner with a typical bungled call on the radio broadcast of yesterday's game:
                            https://streamable.com/zzeq1

Comment

With a bit of luck, this can still get worse

[URL="https://twitter.com/postsports/status/1143646328838377473?s=21"]https://twitter.com/postsports/status/1143646328838377473[/URL]

Comment

Sat in a queue for half an hour and the cheapest/best tickets that seem to be available for the Bears are £100 each and fairly high behind the endzone. Screw that.

Comment

That was quite the nailbiter.

Comment

After the first two games of the series, I will gladly take it.

My sense is that Kimbrel was rarely lights out even at his peak.

Comment

I just hope he covers 1st next time.

Comment

Comment

Good man

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                              I just hope he covers 1st next time.
                                              It was quite something how he just stood there and watched everything happen.

Comment

This sparks joy

[URL="https://twitter.com/si_mlb/status/1144635081056759809?s=21"]https://twitter.com/si_mlb/status/1144635081056759809[/URL]

Comment

You know (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) you've got a mean streak that only really surfaces in baseball chat, ursus.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X