Great baseball commentary filler of our time:
    "Are you a fan of the John Wick series?"
    "I'm aware of it, but I haven't seen any of them."
    "I haven't either."

Thanks for that, guys.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ArashMadani/status/1132056139615670273

Comment

The Padres just scored three runs without hitting a ball. Bases loaded, 2 out. Then 2 walks and a hit by pitch. I think the pitcher was freaked out by his predecessor giving up a grandslam in the previous inning.

Comment

Winning ugly beats losing ugly.

Comment

To be fair, we've scored over a dozen good runs, too.

Comment

My comment was about my lot, who have managed both against the Reds in the last 28 hours.

Comment

Ah! Your lot seem to be having a pretty good year, considering the dodgy start to it.

Comment

Just think of where we could be if we could convert more than 40 percent of our save opportunities . . .

Comment

Just give him the MVP now.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MLBStats/status/1133405002234552321[/URL]

Comment

MLB Network has provided a sweet doubleheader for me, but unfortunately it's on a day when Sudamericana is also happening. I've already missed most of the Padres-Yankees so will focus my attention on the Mets-Dodgers later today.

Comment

I've enjoyed the Padres so far today, but it looks likely that rain will stop play shortly. You might be better off looking elsewhere.

Comment

Bollocks. We're going to blow this.

Comment

The Orioles have been a tire fire. Let's see how things are going down on the farm.

[URL="https://twitter.com/andersjorstad/status/1134201519845363712?s=21"]https://twitter.com/andersjorstad/status/1134201519845363712[/URL]

Comment

Oh, that sucks.

Comment

I'm just happy it was there and not up the street a bit, because that could have been beyond ugly.

Comment

The Dodgers hit the Mets closer hard last night to come back and win. He noted that it was the worst loss of his career. Callaway said during the post-game commentary that it's like the Dodgers knew what was coming. On MLB Now a former WWE wrestler who hosts a baseball fantasy podcast (can't remember his name since I hadn't heard of him before) said that the Dodgers are actually crushing good pitching this year. Apparently amidst all the advanced metrics they've also focused on the tried and true watching video. Of course, it's a long season and when they slump there will be some explanation for that. Just as long as they don't slump come October/November.

On another note, I subbed to ESPN+ (which is very cheap -- $4.99 per) because of the excellent football coverage, but an added benefit is multiple MLB games. Then the MLB at bat app has 1 free game each day. And MLB Network has been loaded with games each week (most days they are doing double headers). ESPN and MLB At Bat usually allow viewers to pick a broadcast as well, which is nice. It would seem to me that all of these outlets are cutting into the sale of the MLB package (streaming or satellite/cable). But maybe this is a case of "giving out samples" leads people to buy a product.

Comment

5-0 down after the top of the first, 6-5 up after 1 courtesy of a grand slam, Andrew Cashner's 1st pitch of the second gets hit out by Yaz's nephew for 6-6, Trey Mancini homers to make it 8-6 at the end of 2, 9-6 win. Apparently everyone did a bunch of drugs before the game.

Comment

The Orioles may have lost 115 last year, but I’d say it’s a reasonable question of whether they’re the most fucked team in orange and black. The Giants are every bit the mess the O’s are, and I’ll raise you Chris Davis with Brandon Crawford, Brandon Belt, Jeff Samardzija and even Buster Posey in terms of bad contracts.

Comment

I subscribe to both ESPN+ and MLB.TV, and believe that the latter is increasingly becoming the reserve of He true hardcore, including professionals (both media and baseball industry types) and hard-core fans of a single club (including me). The other options are better value for the epicurean who isn't bound to a couple of clubs or only wants to watch "big" teams.

Comment

Well that was frustrating. Especially given that Darvish seemed to have turned the corner.

Comment

Frustrating loss, but Darvish's recent form has been a real plus

Comment

https://twitter.com/MiLB/status/1135570130157678600

Really?

Comment

Only one day/one game.

And all about the merchandise.

Harmless fun in my book.

Comment

Out of interest do any MLB teams do anything for National Pride Month or any other LGBTQ initiative. Special caps or jerseys, rainbow logos, Pride Nights that kind of thing. I seem to have become embroiled in a row over on facebook about it.

Comment

Every club other than the Yankees have done a Pride Day or Night at least once (this piece describes NYY's somewhat tepid response to that fact)

To the best of my knowledge, no major league club has done a Pride cap or jersey. That is partially a reflection of MLB imposing tighter regulation on uniforms (as opposed to promotions), but MLB is obviously happy with multiple league-wide "Support the Troops" events every season.

Reactionary baseball fans (of whom there are a quite a lot) are generally despicable human beings, particularly on-line.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X