No announcement yet.

MLB 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the Brewers fans hate the influx of Cubs fans that can make a Brewers home game feel like a Cubs home game when the two play each other. But at least fans watching on TV can pretend that the blue hats in the crowd are Brewers hats. No way for the Padres fans to pull the same mental trickery. I'm watching Dodgers-Padres and the lower section on the third base side is almost all Dodgers gear.

Comment

This is another cracker of a game after last night. It’s a good series. I do hate seeing Petco looking like a Dodger stadium but it’s just a reminder that even Angelenos prefer San Diego.

Comment

Maybe the Reds should wear these more often.

[URL]https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1125138101112799238?s=21[/URL]

Comment

For the third day in a row, the Padres have an early lead over the Dodgers. For the third day in a row, I suspect it won't last...

Comment

There we go. 4 up early. Now, top of the 8th, we've lost the lead again.

Comment

Ye of little faith

Comment

I didn't see that coming.

Comment

Renfroe is rather feast or famine. More than a third of his hits this season are home runs.

Comment

Christ this ESPN commentary is annoying.

Comment

I can live with it given the score.

Comment

Nice one KB

Comment

Salt the ground with the bones of the Cardinals

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/ctrent/status/1125441298553561088?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Highlight of the season for the Reds.

Comment

At least Delmarva's 24-4.

Comment

Some day we will find out just what the O's did to so enrage the baseball gods

[URL]https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/1126317727369637889?s=21[/URL]

Comment

KB's hot streak continues.

Comment

Not entirely sure why this is one of the Graun's photos of the day, but I ain't complaining.

Comment

That's quite the interesting photo...it looks like the Gatorade is rising up to hit him, even more so because the way it's falling to the bottom corner of the frame doesn't look logical based on where the cooler is.

Comment

I think there were multiple coolers. There were when KB got the same treatment the other day.

Comment

Mostly for UA given his comment above about Darvish. Yu lives about 5 blocks from me. He's in a big house by Lake Michigan. I'm in a dumpy apartment since 2005 just so folks on this board aren't thinking I'm rolling with multi-millionaires. Anyway, the missus told me that he's been in bad graces with the neighbors because he decided to build a 6ft tall fence, which blocks the neighbors' views of the Lake. I guess there were some other things he did or wanted to do and the neighbors were willing to give in even though those moves violated some handshake agreements among all the neighbors, but this fence was the proverbial straw. Weather was incredible here the other day so we took the dog for a walk along the Lake and passed his house. The wood fence is tall and doesn't really fit the aesthetic of the houses in that area, although I can see why he'd want some privacy in his backyard just as everybody seems to want who owns a home in the US. None of that relates to sports at all, but maybe this is why he's pitching so horribly; he's feeling the pressure that came with putting up a fence and he can't shake that pressure when he's on the mound. Maybe UA and GY could try to intervene on his behalf for the good of the Cubs. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                              Mostly for UA given his comment above about Darvish. Yu lives about 5 blocks from me. He's in a big house by Lake Michigan. I'm in a dumpy apartment since 2005 just so folks on this board aren't thinking I'm rolling with multi-millionaires. Anyway, the missus told me that he's been in bad graces with the neighbors because he decided to build a 6ft tall fence, which blocks the neighbors' views of the Lake. I guess there were some other things he did or wanted to do and the neighbors were willing to give in even though those moves violated some handshake agreements among all the neighbors, but this fence was the proverbial straw. Weather was incredible here the other day so we took the dog for a walk along the Lake and passed his house. The wood fence is tall and doesn't really fit the aesthetic of the houses in that area, although I can see why he'd want some privacy in his backyard just as everybody seems to want who owns a home in the US. None of that relates to sports at all, but maybe this is why he's pitching so horribly; he's feeling the pressure that came with putting up a fence and he can't shake that pressure when he's on the mound. Maybe UA and GY could try to intervene on his behalf for the good of the Cubs. Haha.
                                              Two things: Post of the Year, and Another Reason Why I Love OTF.

Comment

I was walking on the Strip, yesterday, and just listening to music, and trying to wea...anyway, there are stars on the pavement/sidewalk, and I am reading and thinking I have no idea who these people are (Hispanic names, no idea), and then I see a name, and go wait a minute, he's no a singer... and it's Esteban Loaiza. And I went "woah" and then walked on with an internal pat on the back for knowing that guy.

Comment

Some sort of drug dealing Walk of Fame?

Comment

According to that article, he earned more than $47 million but of late was working in a cafe. Burning through $47 million and was then arrested for drug smuggling is on him. But I can't understand why the leagues aren't better with some level of money management. I have a lot of fantasies about where my money would be spent f I won the lottery (an unlikely event since I rarely buy a lotto ticket) but $47 million could not be spent in those fantasies. I'd max out about $5 million.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X