Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elguapo4
    replied
    Merrion square actually. Why are they not allowed to parade the trophy, what's taking the piss about it, everyone does it.

Leave a comment:

• anton pulisov
    replied
    Dublin had a "homecoming event" on Stephen's Green.

They really are taking the piss.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    Galway's main sponsor, fast food chain Supermacs, demand a statement from the county board as to where their money has gone. So far revelations have included staff using official credit cards for personal use, €45,000 staff expenses and a field for a centre of excellence, bought for €2.8 million and sold later for a€2 million loss, they also owe GAA headquarters €390,000 for all Ireland final tickets.

In other news, Louth GAA have announced plans for a 14,000 seater stadium in Dundalk, the local soccer club, who despite years of success have done nothing to develop Oriel park, now want to share. The GAA have politely told them to take a hike.
    They surely must have at least €500k from UEFA after the various European campaigns?

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Galway's main sponsor, fast food chain Supermacs, demand a statement from the county board as to where their money has gone. So far revelations have included staff using official credit cards for personal use, €45,000 staff expenses and a field for a centre of excellence, bought for €2.8 million and sold later for a€2 million loss, they also owe GAA headquarters €390,000 for all Ireland final tickets.

In other news, Louth GAA have announced plans for a 14,000 seater stadium in Dundalk, the local soccer club, who despite years of success have done nothing to develop Oriel park, now want to share. The GAA have politely told them to take a hike.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1173264209246937088

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    50,000 there, excellent crowd considering the men only played yesterday.
    Speaking of which, that was enjoyable. Dublin got off to a great start and then let Kerry back into it. Referee Lane made a few odd decisions, at one stage he waved away a Dublin free, let Kerry move upfield to score a point, and then went back to book a Kerry player!
    The second half was a tale of two goals, Eoin Murchan breaking from defence to score for Dublin, then Stephen Cluxton (how we're going to miss him) saving from Stephen O'Brien to level things up. Dublin pushed on about 15 to go and popped over the decisive scores as Kerry missed a few great chances.
    The future is interesting for both counties, Dublin will still be the standard bearers but there's going to be changes. Bernard Brogan and Cluxton's solo walks around the stadium at the end suggests they're both calling it a day, several others, especially in defence, are well into their 30s and likely to be moved aside in the next two years. Despite the talk of a Dublin dynasty, the underage sides haven't done anything for a few years.
    The future for Kerry should be brighter, the fruits of the successive minor champions are coming through and from number 8 to 15 are as good as anyone, tighter at the back and I can see a few in a row from the Kingdom as well.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    And HT sees a distinctly underwhelming scoreline of Dublin 1-0, 0-1 Galway.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Still no score 15 minutes into the womens' final between Galway and Dublin!

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Dublin win the five-in-the-row, fair to say they had more skill and experience in the second half, and Kerry just couldn't convert the chances they did have.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    After what can only be described as a nightmare first ten minutes, Kerry somehow retrieve parity at the break, 0-10 apiece. Dublin can feel slightly aggrieved with some of Conor Lane's decisions, but overall the game's perfectly balanced now.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Both sides unchanged for the replay, I tend to agree with DR's analysis. I reckon the whole thing could come down to a single chance. Kerry are very much the coming side and if the Dubs edge it today, I'll gladly stand aside and let them win a few.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    All-Ireland Football Final Replay: Kerry v Dublin

The media consensus appears to suggest that Dublin will prevail tomorrow on the grounds that they have most potential for improvement, but equally few would have predicted that the key Kerry forwards of Clifford, Geaney and O'Brien would score a mere 0-3 combined from play. David Moran and Jack Barry largely dominated midfield in the first game, so expect Brian Fenton and Michael Darragh McAuley to raise their workrate tomorrow, while Paul Murphy and Gavin White require a similar improvement from the Kingdom. As for what might swing the balance overall, it may simply prove to be belief - now that Kerry actually know that they have the skill and potential to prevail, that, along with a strong bench could well make the difference.

Leave a comment:

• anton pulisov
    replied
    I think the problem is that Cooper didn't only do the professional foul, but he also had a go at dislocating your man's shoulder.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    You know what they say that you're either a shouter or a sulker in arguments, I'm a sulker,arms folded in disgust, my brothers very much a shouter. When Cooper was red carded he was bad enough but when Gough didn't give O'Sullivan a second yellow I thought he was going to jump off the top tier of the Cusack and go after him.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Thought he was very keen to show the second yellow to Cooper, considering some others he let away with a warning. Both sides had periods when they could have won it. Happy to get another chance tbh.
    In fairness, it was his third foul at that stage, but Tom O'Sullivan should have walked as well.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Thought he was very keen to show the second yellow to Cooper, considering some others he let away with a warning. Both sides had periods when they could have won it. Happy to get another chance tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Ends as a draw - Kerry much improved in the second half, but seemed caught in the headlights after going ahead. Replay on the 14th.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Dublin lead 1-9 to 0-8 at the break - in truth, probably should be double that, as Dublin are completely dominating midfield, while Kerry are squandering their chances from play. Cooper sent off near half-time, but is the gap too much to bridge?

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    It's the hope that kills you.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Half hour to go,Croker filling up gradually, Kerry and Dublin out for warm up.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Have season ticket so I'm ok, Drumcondra going to be the usual "anyone got a spare ticket" madness.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    I won't disagree with your analysis, Mayo put serious pressure on the Dublin defence in the first half but couldn't keep it going, Kerry are much better equipped to do so, but I think Dublin's scoring ability will take them over the line, have you got a ticket Diable?
    No, the general rule in Kerry is that all the clubs get such an allocation, which is then given out by raffle, so pot luck all round.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    I won't disagree with your analysis, Mayo put serious pressure on the Dublin defence in the first half but couldn't keep it going, Kerry are much better equipped to do so, but I think Dublin's scoring ability will take them over the line, have you got a ticket Diable?

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    All-Ireland Football Final: Kerry v Dublin

Though the general view is that this Kerry squad has over-achieved this season, reaching a September decider about 12 months before expected to do so, the bar set within the county remains the same, even when pitted against the greatest team of this millennium. As such, much of the local press coverage has revolved around 1982, perhaps in a certain desperation that the spirit of Seamus Darby can be grafted onto that of Andy Dufresne. Still, in terms of squad experience, physicality and conditioning, strength in depth and tactical acumen, Dublin hold all the cards, and barring a complete collapse in known form, it seems inevitable that Sam will remain in the capital on Sunday night.

Leave a comment:

• Flynnie
    replied
    Mayo in the final is a great way to teach Irish people about the Boston Red Sox, and Paddywhackers like me about the GAA.

Speaking of, does anybody know a good place in South London to watch the final? I've got into GAA for the first time this year thanks to Sky, and I'd like to watch it in somewhere more social than my house. Where to go is a little sketchy, obviously there's no shortage of Irish pubs but there's a difference between Irish pubs and Irish pubs that actually show GAA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X