• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tipp captain live on the stadium PA system and on RTE TV:

'this is everything we fuckin' dreamed of'

good man

Comment

In fairness, RTE will laugh that off,Sky would be having kittens.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
        In fairness, RTE will laugh that off,Sky would be having kittens.
        He looked so mortified. That was a real hammering by the end. That's the second biggest margin since 1989. The Only beating worse than that was Kilkenny 3-30 Waterford 1-13. Those kilkenny-Tipp games are weird. Either Kilkenny win narrowly, having never really looked like losing at any point, or tipp hammer them. Tipp are very odd like that. Either they're a shambles who frustrate you by missing nearly as many as they score, or they're raining down goals on some poor bastards who are clinging on for dear life and failing.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
          tipp captain live on the stadium PA system and on RTE TV:

'this is everything we fuckin' dreamed of'

good man
          Ah, so I did hear someone swearing on the telly as I walked into the pub. I just assumed that I'd misheard.

Comment

An historic day, as the womens' football semis are played in Croke Park for the first time. Galway and Mayo level with time almost up, while three-in-a-row chasing Dublin face 11-time winners Cork in the other game.

Comment

Galway win by a point - Mayo had thought they were getting a free, but was given as a free out instead.

Comment

Poor old Mayo, I hope laughing at that funeral was worth it.

Comment

Mayo's Andy Moran retires at 35,one of the best players of the last 20 years, he did everything he could to drag Mayo to an all Ireland win, but he'll end up like Steven Gerrard and Colin Montgomerie in the "greatest ever not to win the big one " group.

Comment

Poor old Mayo, I hope laughing at that funeral was worth it.
                    AAAAAARRRRGGHHH No more.

People in 1950's rural ireland would sooner shove a family of hedgehogs up their hole than disrespect a funeral. Two of that team became priests. This did not happen. it needs to stop. The surviving members of that team are horrified at this story.

Comment

Yeah, but it's easier to think "we've been cursed by a priest " than "we've raised a succession of teams with the spine of a jellyfish, when we reach the final ".

Comment

Mayo in the final is a great way to teach Irish people about the Boston Red Sox, and Paddywhackers like me about the GAA.

Speaking of, does anybody know a good place in South London to watch the final? I've got into GAA for the first time this year thanks to Sky, and I'd like to watch it in somewhere more social than my house. Where to go is a little sketchy, obviously there's no shortage of Irish pubs but there's a difference between Irish pubs and Irish pubs that actually show GAA.

Comment

All-Ireland Football Final: Kerry v Dublin

Though the general view is that this Kerry squad has over-achieved this season, reaching a September decider about 12 months before expected to do so, the bar set within the county remains the same, even when pitted against the greatest team of this millennium. As such, much of the local press coverage has revolved around 1982, perhaps in a certain desperation that the spirit of Seamus Darby can be grafted onto that of Andy Dufresne. Still, in terms of squad experience, physicality and conditioning, strength in depth and tactical acumen, Dublin hold all the cards, and barring a complete collapse in known form, it seems inevitable that Sam will remain in the capital on Sunday night.

Comment

I won't disagree with your analysis, Mayo put serious pressure on the Dublin defence in the first half but couldn't keep it going, Kerry are much better equipped to do so, but I think Dublin's scoring ability will take them over the line, have you got a ticket Diable?

Comment

I won't disagree with your analysis, Mayo put serious pressure on the Dublin defence in the first half but couldn't keep it going, Kerry are much better equipped to do so, but I think Dublin's scoring ability will take them over the line, have you got a ticket Diable?
                              No, the general rule in Kerry is that all the clubs get such an allocation, which is then given out by raffle, so pot luck all round.

Comment

Have season ticket so I'm ok, Drumcondra going to be the usual "anyone got a spare ticket" madness.

Comment

Half hour to go,Croker filling up gradually, Kerry and Dublin out for warm up.

Comment

It's the hope that kills you.

Comment

Dublin lead 1-9 to 0-8 at the break - in truth, probably should be double that, as Dublin are completely dominating midfield, while Kerry are squandering their chances from play. Cooper sent off near half-time, but is the gap too much to bridge?

Comment

Ends as a draw - Kerry much improved in the second half, but seemed caught in the headlights after going ahead. Replay on the 14th.

Comment

Thought he was very keen to show the second yellow to Cooper, considering some others he let away with a warning. Both sides had periods when they could have won it. Happy to get another chance tbh.

Comment

Thought he was very keen to show the second yellow to Cooper, considering some others he let away with a warning. Both sides had periods when they could have won it. Happy to get another chance tbh.
                                            In fairness, it was his third foul at that stage, but Tom O'Sullivan should have walked as well.

Comment

You know what they say that you're either a shouter or a sulker in arguments, I'm a sulker,arms folded in disgust, my brothers very much a shouter. When Cooper was red carded he was bad enough but when Gough didn't give O'Sullivan a second yellow I thought he was going to jump off the top tier of the Cusack and go after him.

Comment

I think the problem is that Cooper didn't only do the professional foul, but he also had a go at dislocating your man's shoulder.
                                                ​​​​

Comment

All-Ireland Football Final Replay: Kerry v Dublin

The media consensus appears to suggest that Dublin will prevail tomorrow on the grounds that they have most potential for improvement, but equally few would have predicted that the key Kerry forwards of Clifford, Geaney and O'Brien would score a mere 0-3 combined from play. David Moran and Jack Barry largely dominated midfield in the first game, so expect Brian Fenton and Michael Darragh McAuley to raise their workrate tomorrow, while Paul Murphy and Gavin White require a similar improvement from the Kingdom. As for what might swing the balance overall, it may simply prove to be belief - now that Kerry actually know that they have the skill and potential to prevail, that, along with a strong bench could well make the difference.

Comment

Both sides unchanged for the replay, I tend to agree with DR's analysis. I reckon the whole thing could come down to a single chance. Kerry are very much the coming side and if the Dubs edge it today, I'll gladly stand aside and let them win a few.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X