No announcement yet.

Dublin's Drive for Five? GAA 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clare beating Westmeath was probably the biggest shock,if you could call it that. There was some bloke on the telly the other day, talking about the Irish open golf,which is being held in Clare this year, and he said "Clare may be out of the all Ireland (hurling) but we have the Open " I felt like shouting "You're still in the football you twat " but I didn't.

Comment

Cracking Munster hurling final. It's probably a dress rehearsal for the All Ireland final but nobody's told them,Limerick and Tipperary going at it like crazy.

Comment

There's a couple of very TV friendly draws in the last round of qualifiers with a Connaught and Ulster derby.
        Tyrone v Cavan
        Galway v Mayo
        Meath v Clare
        Cork v Laois

The Super 8 line up is
        Group 1
        Dublin
        Roscommon
        Cork/ Laois
        Cavan/ Tyrone

Group 2
        Donegal
        Kerry
        Meath/ Clare
        Galway/ Mayo

Comment

Tyrone and Cork through their play offs, Mayo currently beating Galway to likely join them.

Comment

Meath edge out Clare to earn the dubious privilege of getting hammered by Donegai , Mayo and Kerry in the super 8s.

Comment

Laois beat Dublin by two points in the hurling championship. The biggest shock of the season, Laois go on to play Tipperary in the quarter finals next week.

Comment

Tyrone beat Roscommon by four in the first of the football Super 8s.Half time in Croke park, Cork lead Dublin by four early on but a Dublin goal right on half time leaves six between them, going to be tough for Cork to close that gap.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1150420753201762304[/URL]

See what happens when the ref waits ten seconds too long to throw the ball in,

Comment

The throw in is always a pain in the arse, it's one challenge, just get on with it.

Comment

Fucking Kilkenny

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                        Fucking Kilkenny
                        The devil looks after his own.

Comment

Hurling Semi final weekend.
                          Limerick v Kilkenny

It's beauty and the beast tonight as probably the best side of the last 10 years take on the forces of darkness.
                          This Limerick side has the potential to be for hurling what Dublin is for football, a terrific all round team who can score from anywhere and with no noticeable weaknesses. If they win tonight, it will be only the second decade in the history of hurling that Kilkenny haven't won a title, while they are always dangerous I have to go with LimericLimer4 or 5 points. It's on Sky at 6, so if you have any interest or curiosity I'd recommend it.

Tipperary v Wexford

Tipperary are unlucky to be around at the same time as this Limerick side. They're likely to be too good for a talented young Wexford team whose time is coming. Tipperary by two points.

Comment

Well that was a surprise, Kilkenny win by one.Limerick recovered from a horrible start but a ridiculous number of wides from very scorable positions did for them, Kilkenny march on.

Comment

There's just something about Davy Fitz looking sad that makes me Happy. On balance Davy Fitz is probably a good thing, and he seems to generally mean well, and is trying to deal with being completely unhinged. But he is a gobshite. Wexford are much improved though, and Lee Chin is amazing, but they let tipp really dominate the end of that game. And given that tipp were a man down, and are getting old....

BTW I remember when Liam Sheedy was a powerful hurler for tipp. Now he looks like michael D in the land of the Rugby giants. (and as for davy Fitz) Where the fuck do they find these lads? Some of these young hurlers must be nearly two metres tall.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                Hurling Semi final weekend.
                                Limerick v Kilkenny

It's beauty and the beast tonight as probably the best side of the last 10 years take on the forces of darkness.
                                This Limerick side has the potential to be for hurling what Dublin is for football, a terrific all round team who can score from anywhere and with no noticeable weaknesses. If they win tonight, it will be only the second decade in the history of hurling that Kilkenny haven't won a title, while they are always dangerous I have to go with LimericLimer4 or 5 points. It's on Sky at 6, so if you have any interest or curiosity I'd recommend it.

Tipperary v Wexford

Tipperary are unlucky to be around at the same time as this Limerick side. They're likely to be too good for a talented young Wexford team whose time is coming. Tipperary by two points.
                                Am I missing something here? Kilkenny won four titles in the 2010s.

Comment

Yep, you're right, proper brain freeze there.

Comment

Supposedly, hurling "teams from Limerick, Wexford, Tipperary and Kilkenny" are going to play a tournament at Citi Field in Queens (the NY Mets' home stadium) in November.

Any idea what standard of team this will be?

Comment

I just googled that, they're not giving much away. The only clue I can see is the involvement of the Gaelic Players Association, they're the representative body for the inter county players, so I can imagine the standards going to be fairly decent.
                                      In other news, it's all Ireland hurling final time this Sunday. Hopefully it's a good game but I honestly couldn't care who wins. It's Tipperary v Kilkenny, basically Real Madrid v Juventus, unless you support one of them you support who you hate least.

Comment

Erm, not even tipperary fans hate kilkenny. Kilkenny fans manage to support a massively successful sporting team without it making them weird. I think it may make them unique in the modern world. Brian cody is a bit annoying, but only because he keeps winning. But that's because he's ridiculously good at what he does.

(That is not to say that there are no annoying kilkenny people, it's that the overall culture is.....well adjusted.)
                                        Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 15-08-2019, 21:31.

Comment

I hate Kilkenny

Comment

Kilkenny start strong but Tipperary hit back with a cracking goal and take the lead, turning into a decent game.

Comment

Red card Richie Hogan, Kilkenny down to 14 men.

Comment

Seamus Callanan becomes the Jairzinho of hurling, scoring a goal in every round of the Championship - eight in eight games, where in some decades, sides might have played as few as three games to win an All-Ireland. Tipp cruising now, up by eight.

Comment

Two early Tipperary goals in the second half, Kilkenny on the ropes.

Comment

These Maher lads at the back are cleaning up the high balls like Kevin Moran and Paul McGrath.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X