No announcement yet.

The Overture Overs: England in West Indies, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Chris Gayle nudging and nurdling like a staid elder statesman here?

Comment

Yep, THE Chris Gayle. Enjoy it, this is his final home series apparently.

Comment

Those sixes mean he now holds the world record number of them in international cricket.

Comment

Oof.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
            Yep, THE Chris Gayle. Enjoy it, this is his final home series apparently.
            I went to the ODI at The Oval in 2017 thinking it was my last chance to see him play, he was out for 2 after 4 balls.

Mind you, I did see Evin Lewis score 176 before having to retire hurt. Where's he today actually?
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-02-2019, 17:23.

Comment

This is like a T20 game over 50 overs. England currently 127-1 off 16, chasing a monster 360

Comment

Need 22 off the last 24. Incredible batting in this match.

Comment

Roooooooot

Comment

I feel very uneasy about this, even though Archer apparently wants to play for England. It just smacks of rich nations poaching from poorer ones.

Anyway, explosive though yesterday's win was, the bowling didn't look up to much, and could have been worse had Gayle not played the first hour as a Boycott-and-Brearley-in-the-1979-world-cup-final tribute act. Rashid should have been on earlier

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                      I feel very uneasy about this, even though Archer apparently wants to play for England. It just smacks of rich nations poaching from poorer ones.
                      That's because it's exactly what it is.

Comment

That run chase was one of those mad ones where despite the enormous target it was cast iron victory with still an hour to go. Not so much a chase or indeed a canter as an amble.

I still haven't got over the New Zealand one in 2015, though, where despite it being England's highest chase to date, they did it with six overs to spare, and had at least a couple of extra gears they could have gone through if they needed.

Comment

That England-New Zealand ODI series in 2015 has probably been the best cricketing spectacle on these shores this decade. Doesn't get enough props

Comment

It wasn't until I checked I realised that was the one where England broke 400.

Comment

West Indies might just see this one out you know. England seven down, need 44 off 32.

Comment

31 off 6 needed

Comment

Is Rashid one of the top ODI players in the world at the moment?

Comment

Oh, he's gone.

Jinxes work very quickly these days, don't they?

Comment

Moeen goes too.

Comment

Cottrell 5-46. I had never heard of him.

Comment

What a storming finish, stunning.

Comment

All out! Windies win!

Comment

Only Cotrell's seventh ODI; he's played two tests

Comment

Just watched the highlights, I like the contrast in bowler celebrations. Cottrell's square-bashing then salute at least nods to his time in the Jamaican Army, but no idea about Wood fellating his imaginary horse. Unless he was Richard Pryor in a previous life maybe.

Comment

Hales in for Stokes who has a slight ankle issue. England choose to bowl, but it's raining and we're already into reduced overs territory.

Comment

No overs territory, as it turned out. Would still like to see Hales get a bat next match though

Comment

Working...
                                                    X