Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    That is one of the more terrifying halves of rugby I've ever seen. Ireland haven't helped themselves at all but the All Blacks are right on it.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    As an aside now this game is effectively over I do get annoyed when referees yell at players not to use their hands in the ruck. Not just because they are professionals and shouldn't need telling but because the ref should bloody well let them transgress and then penalise them. The ref's effectively assisted two of the All Blacks' tries in this half.
    That's how rugby works, the ref gives a player a warning first for that kind of offence and whistles if he ignores it. We have enough penalties in the game already.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Ireland need a yellow for all these lasso tackles round the neck.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Anderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    The ground appears to be a sea of green - the haka's just been drowned out by a chorus of 'Fields of Athenry'. Isn't that a bit disrespectful? It'll only wind them up.
    I don't think these guys hear anything except the blood they need to drink pulsing through the veins of the opposition.

Fucking frightening. As so often before. A sporting phenomenon the All Blacks.

I wouldn't say I'm glad Scotland didn't beat Japan but, ye know, right now, I'm glad Scotland didn't beat Japan.

Leave a comment:

• George C.
    replied
    Men against boys. On this form, hope they go on to win the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    As an aside now this game is effectively over I do get annoyed when referees yell at players not to use their hands in the ruck. Not just because they are professionals and shouldn't need telling but because the ref should bloody well let them transgress and then penalise them. The ref's effectively assisted two of the All Blacks' tries in this half.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Ireland are tackling way too high in nearly every phase here, hugely dangerous and a sign of panic.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    It's like a prison beating so far.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    And again.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Nice try.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Uh-oh. This might not end up the nail-biter I was hoping for.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    How many phases of relentless pressure?!

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Unsurprisingly ferocious start to the match.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Goodhue's mullet very prominent in the early stages.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Insomnia so I am up at 3.14am watching this. 32-17 seems about right. Australia have been poor for a while.
    Not so far off.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Chieka must be finished with Australia now. That is probably the most poorly coached, tactically inept Australian side I have ever seen at a World Cup.
    The implication from the post match chat on ITV is that his departure was imminent.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    The ground appears to be a sea of green - the haka's just been drowned out by a chorus of 'Fields of Athenry'. Isn't that a bit disrespectful? It'll only wind them up.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Anderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex Anderson View Post
    Always find Australia easy to admire but hard to love.

Too bad we can only have a truly-meaningful-to-both-countries England v Japan clash in the final though( the bronze medal match wouldn't cut it). Would love to laboratory test all this "No - we just love a plucky underdog" pish from last week.

But I'm refusing to let Craig Doyle's "Sorry we cheered for Japan, lads" ITV sign-off from last Sunday turn me against him, fellow-traveller Warburton, or my pre-tournament hope Ireland and/or Wales would make a first ever final (the Scotland "proviso" more of a damned certainty this year).
    Point of order: Jill Douglas introducing Bryan Habana two minutes ago: " He could hardly contain his excitement last Sunday watching Japan sneak past Scotland ..."

The "the prick" was very heavily implied.

Fair play, ITV.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Chieka must be finished with Australia now. That is probably the most poorly coached, tactically inept Australian side I have ever seen at a World Cup.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Bollocks. I slept in and missed it.

Needed my sleep though, so there's that.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Referee absolutely right to overrule and disallow that Australian try at the end but how the TMO ref with the benefit of replays didn't see that clear forward pass was a bit worrying.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Anderson
    replied
    Always find Australia easy to admire but hard to love.

Too bad we can only have a truly-meaningful-to-both-countries England v Japan clash in the final though( the bronze medal match wouldn't cut it). Would love to laboratory test all this "No - we just love a plucky underdog" pish from last week.

But I'm refusing to let Craig Doyle's "Sorry we cheered for Japan, lads" ITV sign-off from last Sunday turn me against him, fellow-traveller Warburton, or my pre-tournament hope Ireland and/or Wales would make a first ever final (the Scotland "proviso" more of a damned certainty this year).

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Kurtley Beale is like Unlucky Alf, isn't he? Poor sod.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    That's that then. Ireland next!

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Curry has been immense in this match - playing the kind of game that Pocock used to play before all the injuries kicked in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X