No announcement yet.

Tokyo Calling - Rugby 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seen the last 20 minutes of the Jaguares v Chiefs Super Rugby quarter-final which consisted of an absolutely immense defensive effort from the home side to protect a 21-16 lead right to the end.

They're now in to their first semi-final of the competition after four years participation and they'll host it it too. Their form and the atmosphere in Beunos Aires will make them a formidable opponent to whoever of the Brumbies or Sharks travel there.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Typed named and it must have come up as banned.

Yep, the five players named were all black. The four from England and Faletau.

Bundee Aki also liked it but has since said he liked it without reading the content and has lots of gay friends etc. I suppose it's better than nothing.

Alfie was excellent on Channel Four, particularly about Folau. Just very open and honest.

As expected the RFU have swept it under the carpet pretty much.

Folau now taken to GoFundMe asking for AUS$3m to take his case to the Fair Work Commission.

He hasn't actually been sacked from his job, has he, just told he won't be picked for representative sport for his country, and, as a result his fee-paying contract terminated?

Comment

Given he was the highest paid player in the world, I don't quite see how he needs 3mil, especially considering that the ARU would pay cost if he won. Has he never heard of no win no fee?

Comment

I think it's just that he's a cunt.

The video is as much about trying to make his (patently absurd) claim about "freedom to practise religion" as it is about raising money.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-06-2019, 19:38.

Comment

Drew Mitchell and others have been calling him out as well, he's a multi millionaire who is crowd funding for extra publicity not because of need or belief.

Comment

Israel Folau donations page taken down by GoFundMe for breaching terms of service

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...y_to_clipboard

I'm surprised it took so long.

Comment

France retained their RWC U20 title in Argentina, they beat Australia by a point in the final. Again they've got talent coming through.
                Wales beat NZ but lost to England to finish sixth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  Just seen the last 20 minutes of the Jaguares v Chiefs Super Rugby quarter-final which consisted of an absolutely immense defensive effort from the home side to protect a 21-16 lead right to the end.

They're now in to their first semi-final of the competition after four years participation and they'll host it it too. Their form and the atmosphere in Beunos Aires will make them a formidable opponent to whoever of the Brumbies or Sharks travel there.
                  They are into the final now after hammering the Brumbies.

Comment

They lost the final to the soon to be renamed Crusaders.

There's a list of players leaving Super Rugby at the end of the season or after the RWC, a huge number with most heading to Japan.

Comment

Round one of the rugby championship and South Africa hammer Australia while New Zealand hold on to beat Argentina in Buenos Aires. Argentina also stopped the All Blacks scoring in the second half, it must have been years since that's happened as generally teams can lead NZ but get blown away late on.

Comment

Lots of references on twitter to a Welsh club leaking plans for an Anglo-Welsh League in coming seasons but can't seem to find the source of it.

Comment

I've heard of the British and Irish League over the weekend but not an Anglo Welsh one.

Why a British League really is on the cards and what it means for Wales

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare

Comment

Double post.

Comment

Lots of references on twitter to a Welsh club leaking plans for an Anglo-Welsh League in coming seasons but can't seem to find the source of it.
                              It was on the front page of the Rugby Paper, so perhaps that’s it?

Comment

If you're nostalgic for fun in the mud (trigger warning if you have painful school memories, I certainly do) ...

Samoa v Tonga in Apia:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-international

Comment

Faletau out of the World Cup, fuck!

Comment

Faletau out of the World Cup, fuck!
                                    Two years ago, post the Lions, this would have been a huge blow but now it's a chance for Moriarty and Navidi to step up.

Faletau has only played half a dozen games for Wales in the last two seasons out of a possible 20ish.

Comment

Yeah, I have to say I feel worse about it for the player (as I think it's probably the end of his international career) than for the impact on Wales. I can't remember the last time he was a regular in the side.

Comment

World Rugby to test waist-height tackles as part of trial - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49281949

A whole range of proposals to try to make the game safer, quicker and give more space. Thanks for

Comment

The northern hemisphere sides begin their RWC warm ups this weekend.

Ireland: J Larmour, A Conway, G Ringrose, C Farrell, D Kearney; J Carbery, L McGrath; J McGrath, R Herring, A Porter, D Toner, J Kleyn; R Ruddock (c), T O'Donnell, J Murphy.

Subs: N Scannell, C Healy, John Ryan, I Henderson, T Beirne, K Marmion, J Carty, M Haley.

Italy: Padovani, Esposito, Benvenuti, Zanon, Besigni; Palazzani, Canna; Quaglio, Fabiani, Riccioni, Zanni, Budd (c); Licata, Mbanda, Tuivaiti.

Subs: Zani, Lovotti, Ferrari, Lazzardni, Giammarioli, Bradley, McKinley, Minozzi.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                            World Rugby to test waist-height tackles as part of trial - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49281949

A whole range of proposals to try to make the game safer, quicker and give more space. Thanks for
                                            I was wondering if you were cut off in mid-sentence.

Comment

Nope. When I go to press post I must accidentally hit something on predictive text with my sausage fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post

At least we beat Canada to end it.

And the US, Canada, and Japan get to play in an expanded Pacific Nations Cup against Fiji, Samoa, and Tonga as WC warmups. Apparently Georgia was in it last year.
                                                In which USA 47-19 CAN in Colorado, and USA 13-10 SAM on a last second penalty in Suva, Fiji. They play Japan for the championship Saturday.

Comment

The US beating Samoa on a regular basis is a very welcome development, and we've blown by Canada, although that is somewhat concerning because TBH it's more that Rugby Canada is an utter shambles.

It's a shame the Eagles have a god-awful group for the World Cup. There's a pretty good argument that this is the best, most professional (literally) US team ever and they very possibly won't win a game. England, France and Argentina will be too much, and the USA's record against Tonga is traditionally poor. We can beat Tonga, I don't think we've played them since MLR was founded (and that's had a pronounced positive impact on our performances), it's just a 50-50 proposition.

Comment

Wales: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Josh Adams; Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies; Nicky Smith, Ken Owen, Tomas Francis; Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones (C); Aaron Wainwright, Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty.

Subs: Elliot Dee, Wyn Jones, Dillon Lewis, Jake Ball, Aaron Shingler, Tomos Williams, Dan Biggar, Owen Watkin.

A full strength side that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X