No announcement yet.

Tokyo Calling - Rugby 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the current four regions confirmed as competing until the end of next season at least a whole host of contract renewals and new signings for next season have been made this week. The most notable of the latter are Cardiff's confirmed signings of international wings Josh Adams and Hallam Amos from Worcester and Dragons respectively.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-03-2019, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
      Shaun Edwards has yet to sign a contract with Wigan and may yet stay with Wales.
      That would be awesome

Comment

Sunwolves officially out of SuperRugby after 2020, as SANAZAR accepts that the expansion from 14 to 18 was ill-conceived.

Comment

The biggest problem with the Sunwolves was playing half their home games in Singapore. Empty stadium, no atmosphere, and a gimmie win for the away team. They played much better in Tokyo. Also it would have been nice if, like the Jaguares, it had been a defacto Japan national team, rather than filling their ranks with Aussie rejects.

Comment

Racing v Toulouse in the European Champions Cup quarter-Final is 13-19 and a stormer, despite the visitors having a player red carded early on.

Comment

This miss pass and subsequent offload on this :

[URL]https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1112370036818264064?s=21[/URL]

Comment

What a game! Would have preferred Racing to win but they just didn't deserve to and Toulouse hugely did. Hope they win the whole thing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  I only understood how he passed it on the third viewing. Incredible.

Toulouse are back and most of the side is from the academy. Gatland must be licking his lips looking at some of the players he could potentially have.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    Losing comprehensively to Uruguay at home isn't going to help matters
                    At least we beat Canada to end it.

And the US, Canada, and Japan get to play in an expanded Pacific Nations Cup against Fiji, Samoa, and Tonga as WC warmups. Apparently Georgia was in it last year.

Comment

David Moffett now has a blog to go along with his increasingly deranged Twitter account ...

http://thedailymoff.com/about-me/

Sympathies to all Welsh rugby fans, now linked by association.

Comment

Israel Folau: Rugby Australia 'intends' to sack full-back after social media post - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47893542

Probably the end of his career in union, so where next?

Comment

Politics or reality TV.

Comment

RFU to grill Billy Vunipola over social media post defending Israel Folau

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...y_to_clipboard

It's also been liked by a number of England players and Taulepe Faletau.

In Australia they seem to be wary of sacking Folau because of the impact it will have on both the Waratahs and the national side as both have about 50% of players from Polynesian decent who they believe share similar views.

This could develop a lot more and very quickly engulfing many more players.

Comment

Vunipola:

"Man was made for woman to procreate, that was the goal no?"

Any current teammates of his should simply refuse to play if he's in the team, is my opinion on this. And that's just one of many sickening things in his tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                Vunipola:

"Man was made for woman to procreate, that was the goal no?"

Any current teammates of his should simply refuse to play if he's in the team, is my opinion on this. And that's just one of many sickening things in his tweet.
                                I think that might happen or he might get injured and miss some games.

Has David Pocock said anything about Folau?

Comment

i don't know that much about individual rugby players so had to google him and found:

At the end of 2010, he and his partner Emma Palandri held a commitment ceremony before family and friends in Perth; they had pledged to refuse to enter into marriage until it was opened to same-sex couples in Australia.

Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                    i don't know that much about individual rugby players so had to google him and found:

At the end of 2010, he and his partner Emma Palandri held a commitment ceremony before family and friends in Perth; they had pledged to refuse to enter into marriage until it was opened to same-sex couples in Australia.

Good for him.
                                    Pocock is excellent, not just on this issue but on many others. He's played with Folau despite knowing what his beliefs are.

I wonder when Nigel Owens is next reffing Vunipola? But I'm sure he'd already have known his homophobic views.

Comment

There's something delicious about Vunipola being booed today fans of a team calling themselves Bears .

Comment

Let's not bury the lede here: Vunipola's statement ... "I’m not perfect I’m at least everything on that list at least at one point in my life."

Need to know about his gay phase, his burglaries and his cheating (for England?).

(But srsly folks ...) - this has been brewing for years. Colonisation delivered two things Pacific Islanders embraced with fervour, rugby and religion. Sure, it's all good when the Sevens teams have their team prayers on the pitch, but you wouldn't want to be the conscientious objector with dazzling ball skills. Team = Jesus (and a narrow version of Him at that).

From a parochial NZ perspective, it's problematic. TV crews are roaming South Auckland, where Labour are highly dependent on the Pasifika vote, traditionally in the lower socio-economic area. Plenty of support voiced for Folau, from the cradle of countless All Blacks.

Comment

Another irritating thing about this is Marler playing a blinder.

Comment

There's something delicious about Vunipola being booed today fans of a team calling themselves Bears .
                                            Apparently Bristol played It's raining men as well. Good stuff.

Folau has also been sacked.

What will the RFU do now about Vunipola and the other homophobes? Sadly the way that they dealt with the Joe Marler racial abuse of Samson Lee probably gives us an indication of their likely handling of this. I hope the WRU deal with Faletau properly, spending some time with Alfie and Nigel Owens would be a good starting point.

Religious beliefs are not an excuse for prejudice.

Comment

In positive news it looks like Shaun Edwards has committed himself to Wales. This is a real coup if it happens as he must have been one of the most in demand coaches.

I'd love to see him takeover at the Dragons as well, however the rumours are it's Graham Rowntree. I presume in the hope he'll have the same impact there as Cockerill has had at Edinburgh.

Comment

Apparently Folau didn't contest the ARU charge, citing his belief that it was God's will that he no longer play rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

What will the RFU do now about Vunipola and the other homophobes? Sadly the way that they dealt with the Joe Marler racial abuse of Samson Lee probably gives us an indication of their likely handling of this. I hope the WRU deal with Faletau properly, spending some time with Alfie and Nigel Owens would be a good starting point.

Religious beliefs are not an excuse for prejudice.
                                                  Did Faletau express support for Folau and/or Vunipola? I must have missed that, what a fucking disgrace (even if the latter is a "cousin").

Comment

Did Faletau express support for Folau and/or Vunipola? I must have missed that, what a fucking disgrace (even if the latter is a "cousin").
                                                    Yep, he liked his cousin's post along with half a dozen England players.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X