Leave a comment:

• Arturo
    replied
    That's it.

Or is it...?

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Just turned on. Have I missed anything apart from penalty kicks?

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    "Two little small victories for England" - Dallaglio

Leave a comment:

• Arturo
    replied
    This isn't happening for England so far. SA really deserving their lead.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    England were just this far away from scoring a try. If they score one then I think floodgates might open,

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    England certainly know how to make NZ feel worse. More mistakes in the first ten mins than the entire SF.

I still think they'll win though. Seeing enough from broken play to get the try.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    12 - 6 SA half time.

England being pushed around in the scrum, insecure at line out, have passed poorly and have been error prone at the restart.

SA fully deserving this.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    I think SA have this.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Better

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    He didn't miss one of those last week against Wales!

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Bloody hell I'm excited about this!

Leave a comment:

• Flynnie
    replied
    The 3rd-4th game being a slog might need some revising. 2007 was great, I was at 2015 and found it enjoyable rugby, and today. I can’t remember 2011 or 2003, and 1999 was definitely miserable rugby.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Enjoyable game, the whole atmosphere was better than previous 3rd/4th games, the ABs were noticeably more positive about it than in previous tournaments, when grim faces were compulsory. The hosts have helped in that regard, I think. The old attitude of "bad loser = winner" is fading from the AB mindset and the supporters, thankfully.

And no, it certainly wasn't a NZ B team, all the key positions were the regular starters. Wales gave it a go, didn't deserve a thrashing.

Leave a comment:

• Vicarious Thrillseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I don't know about NZ B, a lot of people think this is the side they should have put out in the semi-final.
    Ben Smith looked particularly awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Muukalainen
    replied
    I don't know about NZ B, a lot of people think this is the side they should have out in the semi-final.
    Yup, no way is this a B team.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    I don't know about NZ B, a lot of people think this is the side they should have put out in the semi-final.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 01-11-2019, 10:22.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    I know this is Wales B vs New Zealand B and a final between them wouldn't have been anything like this open but it's a cracking game. I reckon we've already seen more tries than we'll see tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    That pass to Beauden Barrett was like Hal Robson-Kanu's Cruyff turn on the Belgian defence.

Leave a comment:

• Wouter D
    replied
    Christ, I miss Japan
    Just yesterday I booked a bit of the second half of our honeymoon, which will be a cross-Japan extravaganza in Spring. Can barely wait. Extraordinary country.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    HOW CHERRY BLOSSOMS BECAME BRAVE BLOSSOMS - AGAINST SCOTLAND

They do seem to really embrace the name over there.

Christ, I miss Japan and miss the Rugby World Cup now it's over. I would have been on the plane right now.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 31-10-2019, 21:21.

Leave a comment:

• Flynnie
    replied
    It was definitely just the Cherry Blossoms when I was a kid. I suspect it’s branding, as the baseball team now goes by Samurai Japan.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    It doesn't translate well, and seems to resonate in Japan in a way that it is hard for us to appreciate.

Though it can be said that associating male sports teams with red or white roses doesn't travel well either.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Am I the only one to find the use of "The Brave Blossoms" as incredibly patronising?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X