No announcement yet.

Tokyo Calling - Rugby 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant try by Japan to bring scores level after they went 7-0 down by unnecessarily conceding a penalty when attacking.

Comment

Another beautiful try for Japan.

Comment

Another one! Fantastic quick passing and agility.

Meanwhile, Scotland had a great chance to immediately strike back but fumbled the crucial pass.
        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-10-2019, 11:19.

Comment

Atmosphere sounds terrific. (Late night radio commentary for me, courtesy of BBC's worried Scots behind the mike)

Comment

That was a yellow for Gray in my opinion, dangerous tackle technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Ek weet nie View Post

To put this in context, Dublin gets 750mm a year. Holy fuck!
              Hakone, a town in the same prefecture as Yokohama, got 942.5mm of rain in 24 hours.

Comment

This is one seriously fucking great rugby team!

Comment

Japan 3/4 of the way to a try bonus point. Scotland need to win the second half by 22 points.

Comment

Scotland are rubbish. No great rocket science.

Comment

Japan are making them look rubbish. Three magnificent tries that not many teams would have pulled off, given the speed of thinking and quality of handling they involved.

If they keep this lead, they play South Africa in the QF and that will show how good (or over-rated, if you prefer) they are.

Comment

Lafaele has been the player of the tournament so far for me. Astounding from the opening game onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                          Japan are making them look rubbish. Three magnificent tries that not many teams would have pulled off, given the speed of thinking and quality of handling they involved.

If they keep this lead, they play South Africa in the QF and that looks winnable.
                          I would fancy them to beat us too, should we meet.

Comment

The All Blacks will be quite happy to avoid Japan in the QF. "Avoid Ireland" is old news now.

Comment

This is just amazing, I love this team so much.

Comment

Have Japan actually dropped any of the million passes they've thrown?

Comment

This is anarchy rugby!

Comment

Scotland can follow their football counterparts of old and find a way to get knocked out with a hard luck story - win the game by not enough.

Both teams will get the 4 try bonus point.

Comment

ha! it's on French public TV and my phone (with French SIM card) still thinks it's in France.

can watch the rest of the tourney this way.

win

Comment

Wonderful, what a team, what a country, what a World Cup
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-11-2019, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                          Both teams will get the 4 try bonus point.
                                          Or not.

Fantastic result for Japan, and for rugby.

Comment

Commiserations to Scotland and their fans on here, nearly redeemed themselves in that second half with a great effort.

Comment

Cracking game. Having taken part in the best game of the last men's football World Cup, Japan also provide us with the best game of the rugby union one.

Comment

Thoroughly deserved win for Japan. Topping the group after beating Ireland as well as Scotland is some achievement.

I cannot see them beating South Africa but you never know.

Comment

Yes, great defensive play in the last 10 minutes. The third and fourth tries either half of HT just gave Scotland too much to do, but the Scots also made errors, such as kicking when they had momentum around the 22 in the last 4 minutes.

Japan has a route to the final - South Africa then Wales/France - but they clearly have weaknesses (three Scottish tries = how many South Africa tries??) and it will get much tougher from here.

I thought brick shithouse Nakajima made a big difference when he came on. Just a bulldozer who gave them the solidity and drive they'd been losing in the previous 20 minutes. He helped them keep possession.

The performance by Fukuoka was one of the best I've ever seen. Leitch was also phenomenal.
                                                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-10-2019, 13:02.

Comment

Just magnificent from the Brave Blossoms

Comment

Working...
                                                    X