Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooh aah
    replied
    Nah, as Ray said he knew straight away there was a block for the first one, but wisely let it carry on and then check the review to be certain.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Originally posted by jameswba View Post
    Is there a case for nominating Nigel Owens as the best current referee/umpire in any sport? I'm almost at the point with rugby that I'd decide to watch a game based purely on him being in charge.
    Well, no... He awarded two tries that were subsequently shown to be wrong, so he had a bad game, right?

Leave a comment:

• jameswba
    replied
    Is there a case for nominating Nigel Owens as the best current referee/umpire in any sport? I'm almost at the point with rugby that I'd decide to watch a game based purely on him being in charge.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    I said more or less the same upthread.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    Bloody hell. It's going to be England v Wales in the final.
    May be out of line here but I can't see Wales beating England if England play like that and I'd rather they not play them at all than lose a World Cup final.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by tee rex View Post

Edit: Actually, it really is just as well NZ didn't win. The TMO conspiracy theories would have gone on forever. (The maul disallowed try might have been strictly correct, but that happens in mauls all the time, unseen).
    Both tries were disallowed quite correctly though. The first was blatant blocking, even if Owens let the game run on knowing he could check the TMO.

While the second might have been an eagle-eyed spot of a technical infringement, it's good to see that the total mess that is the modern driving maul officiated properly in such a big game even if it isn't in lesser ones. In that regard it's like Warburton's red in 2011 again.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-10-2019, 11:31.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Defence becoming attack, relentlessly. How many turnovers where there?

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by tee rex View Post

A bunch of ABs didn't turn up.
    England didn't allow them to turn up, they ran the game and made the fast attacking start that shatters NZ's momentum and myth before suffocating them in defence.

Hansen's daft gamble with Scott Barrett didn't help but this was England dominating not the All Blacks choking.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Not half as annoyed as I might have been, given that performance by England. Would have been complete robbery if they'd lost to a bit of broken play in the late stages.

A bunch of ABs didn't turn up.

Edit: Actually, it really is just as well NZ didn't win. The TMO conspiracy theories would have gone on forever. (The maul disallowed try might have been strictly correct, but that happens in mauls all the time, unseen).
    Last edited by tee rex; 26-10-2019, 10:18.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Fuck. Ing. Hell.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    South Africa made NZ look ordinary for a twenty minute section in each half of their opening game but England did it all game and capitalised by scoring points from their dominance. Jones has been planning that match and performance for four years and they're massive favourites for the final now whoever wins tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    That was the best England rugby performance I have ever seen, even better than when they won the World Cup in 2003. Relentless driving and tackling. Numerous world-class individual performances. They are an immense team.

Total dominance. And in the days before the video review system, the margin would have been much wider. Very borderline overrules.

My one worry: A huge ask to do it again in the final. Must be totally knackered.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 26-10-2019, 10:06.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Bloody hell, England were almost perfect today.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Bloody hell. It's going to be England v Wales in the final.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Fantastic performance by England, the vastly better team won.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    What's on the board, George Ford?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Cogito
    replied
    Gifted away.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Straight off the training ground, that one.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Cogito
    replied
    There's a hell of a lot of errors from both teams, and the inevitable turnovers, but England might need to tighten up a little as the half progresses.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    NOO!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Cogito
    replied
    Or not

Leave a comment:

• Mr Cogito
    replied
    Now that's a more interesting lead to be defending!

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    YESS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Scott Barrett at 6 is a disaster, he should get hooked at half time.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    England far superior in attack and even more so in defence. 10-0 flatters the All Blacks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X