England v India at Lord's: 2 Sat tickets for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all. Due to late cry-off my party has two spare tickets available for Lord's this Saturday, 23 July. Face value of £41 each for the Bill Edrich stand lower tier. Pay on collection (I should be at the ground for 10am).

If this is going to be the official England v India test series thread, can someone explain how it is that England get to world number one if they win it? As I see things, at the moment England are third in the world, India first, with South Africa inbetween. I kind of undertand the principle of how the ICC rankings work, but why do England get to number one if they win the series and not simply maybe hand the number one spot back to South Africa (or maybe not quite do enough to displace either)?

Comment

If I wasn't away this weekend I'd have bitten your hand off for the tickets DG. Ah well, I'm going to a day of the Oval Test so will have to restrict myself to that.

England have to win the series by a 2 Test margin to go top of the rankings. A series win by 1 Test will see England go 2nd. I believe the system scrubs your last equivalent series result (so this series replaces Eng v Ind 2007 for rankings purposes). To the best of my knowledge like.

Comment

Ill say yes provisionally DG for both. Will have to check tomorrow AM though for definite though if that's ok. But if you get a better offer in first, of course I won't be put out.

Comment

Poo. Sorry DG. I'd bloody love to go, but I've just been alerted that we're booked out for Saturday already. Sorry. Good luck finding them a home.

Comment

Working...
          X