X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Oh dear.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

He's a young man brought up in the arse end of East London. Why wouldn't he assume that a roomful of Chinese people must be there to either make him a chow mein or suck him off?

I think this might have put snooker's chances of becoming a demonstration sport at this year's Olympics back a peg or two, though.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

For those of us without sound what did he say?

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Er, he asked (through an interpreter he was clearly joking with) whether any of the assorted journalists (many of whom were female and clearly there to cover "the event" for their papers, rather than being keen snooker fans) would like to cook him dinner, or, er, suck him off.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Obnoxious wanker in "saying wanky, obnoxious thing" shocker. Whatever next?

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

O'Sullivan deserves sympathy rather than scorn because it is patently obvious that he has serious mental health issues.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

The BBC referred to his comments as "lewd".

I think the word lewd is brilliant.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Like HB, I feel as much sorry for him than I do anything else. He reminds me a little of Paul Gascoigne in the way preternatural ability has propelled him into this insane whirlwind of fame, when all he was ever interested in was playing a game he liked.

What a dull world it would be if everyone were a courteous, media-savvy person who merely exhibited professional competence at their chosen game (hello, Gareth Southgate). The snooker authorities, hungry for the Asian dollar, are unlikely to see it that way, of course.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Hieronymus Bosch wrote:
                  O'Sullivan deserves sympathy rather than scorn because it is patently obvious that he has serious mental health issues.
                  That's true to a large extent, and certainly a lot of the problems he's had in his career can be fairly attributed to his condition, but a lot of people with serious mental issues manage to avoid asking Chinese women to perform to their stereotypes. It's no excuse for racism.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I can't acceess this, so I can't see for myself, but is asking a bunch of women to suck him off racist? I mean it's sexist obviously, which is just as bad anyway.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I reckon he's an equal opportunity sexist. I bet he'd giggle and go 'haha this mike looks like my dick' etc in any company. but yeah obv he only said this here because he felt safe that he wouldn't be understood. I don't know if that's racist as well? It probably is, actually.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I think if he'd have added 'you love me long time' type comment then the racist accusation would stick.

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Are you planning what to do when you get there?

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I think that would be more 'me love you for 3 and a half minutes.'

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

*raises eyebrow*

Comment

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I don't see how his mental health issues can excuse people saying "Ronnie, that was a bit fucking stupid". I mean, it is hardly as though he 'lost it' - he was just being an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X