Mo Farah, and did I miss something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Surprised there isnt a thread about this)

Mo Farah, has just broken the European 10000m record (In Eugene, Oregon) by 6 seconds.

That is 6 seconds.

Now that is excellent. But he just beat his personal best by (count them) 42 seconds.

I say that again: 42 seconds.

Please, and I am getting the shit in first, please, let this be clean. And why wouldnt it be? Magnificent. World 5th place awaits (he needs to lop off another 10-15 seconds for a medal)

I think this is just a natural progression. Mo's only 28 and has only been concentrating on the 10k for the last 2 years. In his first competitive 10k race on the track last year he lowered his PB by 16 seconds, and his opther races last year were for medals not times, so this represents his PB coming down by just under a minute (i.e. about 4%) in 18 months. That's not exactly going to set alarm bells ringing about how he's done it.

Comment

He's also benefitting from a new training regime in Kenya.

Comment

Well, who do you believe?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-wife-at-hotel

Comment

From where I sit, neither party comes off particularly well.

As is usually always the case in such situations, I expect that the truth lies somewhere between the two accounts.

Comment

Farah seems rather hubristic, thinking he can win marathons against Kenyans running as a team, even with his alleged chemical regime.

Comment

I think yesterday was a bit of a wakeup call for Mo - he's not going to win marathons with those guys in the field. He was even making noises about reverting back to running the 10k in Doha.

Comment

Farah's been hinting about a return to the track for a while, including Tokyo possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                  Farah seems rather hubristic, thinking he can win marathons against Kenyans running as a team, even with his alleged chemical regime.
                  There was only one Kenyan in the lead group yesterday. Though he did win against the three Ethiopians he was up there with.

Comment

Working...
                  X