World Championship of American Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my friends on facebook lives in Vienna and he inivited me along to this. It's due to be played in a couple of months.

Without knowing anything about it I think the USA might be favourites

I could have sworn the Green Bay Packers were declared world champions for this season. But what do I know? Maybe it's like boxing, where they have many different world champions.

Comment

I had never heard of this competition before. Apparently it's called the IFAF World Cup.

The US only started competing in 2007, and won it then. The US team is all amateurs, but they only use players who have graduated college.

Comment

The US seems to be going out of its way not to field a team that is too strong by dramatically limiting it's player pool

* Professionals from any US or Canadian league were ineligible
        * Player must have graduated from college—current college players were ineligible
        * All levels of NCAA and NAIA athletics were required to be represented, not just DI-A
        * Players must be no more than one year removed from college

Comment

I thought they were (last year or earlier) once again talking about reviving an equivalent of the old World League?

I used to go to quite a lot of Monarchs games. I think I still might have a shirt from the first season in storage somewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X