The Derby

Anyone interested?

Any tips appreciated

The Derby

OK I get the message. No gamblers.

I will text Michael Owen and Paul Merson instead

Comment

The Derby

We occasionally do get racing tip threads, but I think this is symptomatic of the fact that none of us have a bloody clue about this year's Derby.

I'm not sure enough to recommend money on it, but I'm fairly certain this year's will be won by a horse.

Comment

The Derby

In the olden days I'd've run a sweep for this. Bit pointless when there's no-one else about...

Comment

The Derby

I've put a fiver on Tartan Bearer

Comment

The Derby

I don't mean to be a twat, but I backed the winner for a third year in a row.

Comment

The Derby

Made a great start to todays proceedings - I had the winner in the opening two races : Conduit & Smokey Storm. Had no joy in the next two races, so it came down to the Derby where I needed Casual Conquest to win so I could get a treble up.

However, it was an excellent race. Many of the leading contenders were well placed approaching the final few furlongs - At some point, Casual Conquest, Tartan Bear & Dr Fremantle all looked to have run the perfect race and were poised to prevail, but Kevin Manning guided New Approach through the field to get home. An excellent ride by Manning.

Before the race there was alot made of the decision to allow New Approach be 'accompanied' to the start. It was special treatment offered just to ensure the race started on time. The race began seven minutes late, though not due to New Approach. And this follows on from yesterdays Oaks which began almost a quarter of an hour late. I wonder how the organisers will explain it.

Comment

The Derby

Agreed it was an excellent ride by Manning on New Approach. However I thought Ryan Moore gave Tartan Bearer a very weak ride.

No need to guess which I had my money on

Comment

Working...
                X