Jimmer Fredette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmer Fredette

They are the Christian Dior of college hoops.

And right now they're playing like him.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

Judging by the size of that VCU crowd in Alamoland, I have to wonder how many Richmond fans packed a yellow-and-black shirt just in case.

You know what they say about having to beat two teams from the same city twice in a tournament... (I know, nothing, but it's kinda interesting nonetheless.)

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

If Kansas wins today, they'll have had one of the softest runs to the final four. They've beaten a 16, 9, 12, and now play VCU, an 11.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

There were 10 Florida shirts for every 0 Butler shirt as I walked around the French Quarter yesterday. I suppose it worked out for the best, we got the most Florida alumni dollars we could've had (they were coming out of every hotel as they had to stay the entire weekend,) while being nice enough to lose in the end.

UConn-Zona was as awesome as I thought it would be.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

Felt gutted for Arizona.

Praying that VCU can hang on.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

VCU v. Butler. Most unlikely semifinal matchup ever.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

Wow. Glad I started my last post w/ "if."

Soft, my ass. Go (looking up their name...) RAMS!

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

Incandenza wrote:
                  VCU v. Butler. Most unlikely semifinal matchup ever.
                  Unlikely? ESPN said that 0.002% of all Brackets on their system had it!

It is incredible that Butler will be wearing white for the first time since the first round of the tournament. VCU are yet to wear white - has anyone gone all the way without ever wearing home colors?

I really hope Blue II will be allowed onto the court in Houston.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

Villanova (1985 champions - #8 seed) was the higher seed only in their opening round game.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

I simply can't make heads or tails of it.

The only thing I can figure is both schools are in somewhat major cities. There's no other school in Indianapolis, and Richmond is somewhat big for VA.

But it doesn't really compute. Even at .002%

The thing about UCONN what I finally realized is how un-BigEast they really are. Kind of like the SEC was known in football for the stodgiest, lamest, run-every-play for years, until now they're the flashiest, fastest, most athletic conference, I wonder if that's happening in the Big East. This UCONN team is so skinny and small, but faster and better shooting than any team from the Big East that I can remember. I have to wonder if this is the future.

As a homer, I'll say that Kentucky really made Princeton look good (even if they made every team they play look good.)

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

I have started to wonder whether my entire frame could fit inside a single leg of a typical basketball player's shorts.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

Butler is 2/24 in the second half. 0 points in the paint for the game.

Couldn't leave the NCAA thread w/out a comment on easily the poorest played championship game I've ever witnessed.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

53-41 UCONN. It was like watching a JV game. Or like looking back at NCAA games from the 40's and 50's.

Teams combined to shoot a whopping 31 for 129. Butler at 18%, UConn at 30%.

Let's put 128 teams in next year.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

That game was unbelievable. I felt bad for the Butler players, I felt bad for Brad Stevens--what can you do as a coach in that situation? Two championship games now and Matt Howard has been bad.

Comment

Jimmer Fredette

Were there any witty (or half-witty) headlines with "Butler" in them, or did they all get used up?

Comment

Working...
                                X