Best shot ever

or there's this one, I suppose.

Or of course, this one.

Comment

Best shot ever

I like this one.

Comment

Best shot ever

What I love most about that Gerrard goal is Mark Lawrenson's immediate reaction of "Do you know what, when the ball came to him, he thought 'I'm just going to hit this!'".

Thanks for that, Mark! BBC punditry at its level best! Still going strong on MOTD.

Comment

Best shot ever

Rogin, that basketball shot is impressive but there have been tons like that. It takes some doing in the heat of the moment, but basketball players can make crazy shots all the time in practice. Witness Kevin Love:

Some of my favorites:

This one is incredible, and the director didn't get it live:

Comment

Best shot ever

If we are counting football (and I didn't think we did in Sports) then this and this are the best.

When I saw the thread title, I assumed most of them would be basketball. The Federer one is just the tennis version of the Beckham long range one against Wimbledon, a hit and hope.

The Tiger woods one is great as I am sure that he meant it exactly went in.

Not a 'shot' as such but the nearest you will get in rugby. As my Dad says, every time I watch it, it still goes over.

I was wondering about snooker shots and I hadn't seen this but I am not sure how intentional it was. If it was, the greatest shot ever and O'Sullican has done a fair few

Comment

Best shot ever

Alexander Ovechkin's impossible angle, laying sliding on his back, one-handed, overhead...

Goal!

(You probably have to watch all the replays to realise what a remarkable goal that was.)

Comment

Best shot ever

Have we done Remi Gaillard here?

Comment

Best shot ever

Comment

Working...
                  X