Vancouver Millionaires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vancouver Millionaires

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but, over at "Music", we have been discussing the 80s metal band Thor (it was a Springsteen thread so you understand why we digressed) and the bizarre fact that he now has a company makes Vancouver Millionaires jerseys came up.

One question -Is Vancouver always this mental?

Unbelievably, there is also a song

Vancouver Millionaires

Jon Mikl Thor was in the movie Zombie Nightmare, which I saw because it was done on MST3K. Adam West and Tia Carrere co-starred in it. You can watch it all on Google Video. Highly recommended.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

The "human serviette" guy is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but I'm not sure what else is "this mental" about the clip or the song. It is, after all, the club that won the city's only title in the country's national sport.

Seriously, Bored, aren't you a member of the 1927 Club?

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

It seems predictably normal to me.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

The human serviette guy and Thor turning up with retro merch for a club that went out of existence in 1926. It is like saying that Budgie have started producing retro jerseys of Cardiff Cricket Club.

I mean, I could have just put Thor's merchandise company, couldn't I?

I was going to say that you have a very skewed version of how exciting 1927 club events are until I realised what you meant.

Anyway, I meant "mental" in a nice way. I want to visit now.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

It's a fabulous city, one of my absolute favourites.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

There are a two spare bedrooms in the basement...

The human serviette guy and Thor turning up with retro merch for a club that went out of existence in 1926. It is like saying that Budgie have started producing retro jerseys of Cardiff Cricket Club.

It is. But, this town still has a very has a small, localised and not very well supported arts/culture scene which both Thor and Nardwar* have been part of for a long time. The merchandising project doesn't seem that weird when you're struggling to make a living in one of the most expensive cities on the planet. And lord knows, hockey always sells here eh?

*So far as I know Nardwar is still living in his Mum's basement, and he's got to be in his mid-forties at least.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

Wait, what's this about retro sweaters? Where? I want to see/buy.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

Here.

Though Thor's website for the replicas seems to be in the midst of an overhaul.

And Mitchell & Ness is having a sale.

Though Ice Jerseys has better stuff.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

Nardwuar's website. Some of his interviews are hilarious — as many are utterly cringeworthy

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

Ebetts Flannels said they're going to start doing old hockey sweaters and football jerseys again. They asked for suggestions. I want Rat Portage Thistles. Probably won't happen.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

I am considering contemporary Trail Smoke Eaters and Quebec Remparts sweaters, but would be even more interested in vintage versions.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

Thanks for alerting me to that sale, AG. I pulled the trigger on a Bobby Orr sweater I've had my eye on for a while but balked at the price.

The TSE range.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

Oh my.

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

The Trail Smoke Eaters? That's a team? I love Canada. I love Ice Hockey!

Comment

Vancouver Millionaires

Champions of the World.

Twice.

Website dedicated to the Smokies.

Comment

Working...
                                X