Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBC Sports personality: shortlist tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the fact that he finally won the Grand National this year was a big factor.

Comment

james corden and clarkson on the same show?

a new low

Comment

Seven Saxon Kings wrote:
        At least Taylor's success is down to his own skill - I don't regard something as much of a sport when a fucking horse does the vast majority of the work.
        Clearly you don't know much about horse-racing or the level of fitness needed by top jockeys.
        Not to mention Lazarus-healing-like powers.

Puts any darts player well in the shade though Taylor's also been one of the best for his activity.

And McCoy's win was not engineered by his Irish roots as suggested, but mainly by the racing fraternity who were running a national campaign backing him avaidly, hence the margin of victory.

Comment

Yes, the MC at Olympia Horse Show was bigging up McCoy and emploring everyone to vote for him.

I don't much care for racing, but would concede he has been remarkable in his field (geddit.. field... oh, you did get it).

But I'd have voted for Swanny, because I like his obsession with the sprinkler dance and the award is for personality isn't it?

Comment

Montgomerie is surely the first to win 'coach of the year' without doing any coaching.

Comment

Jimbags wrote:
              Montgomerie is surely the first to win 'coach of the year' without doing any coaching.
              In 2006, the BBC opened the Team the Year award to public vote and championed the Ryder Cup Team. The other options were Sussex CCC and St Helens RLFC. St Helens had won the World Club Championship (OK, out of Oz, New Zealand, France and UK, but still) the Challenge Cup and Super League and done so in style. Saints deservedly won the award.

The reaction of many of the Ryder Cup team was to walk out of the studio is disgust. Montgomery approached the captain of St Helens and dressed him down, making it quite clear that he felt the golfers should have it by divine right.

Had it been the other way round, I suspect the St Helens team would have been condemned for petulance. Instead, the BBC stopped public voting (to stop us getting it wrong) and awarded the golfers awards to say sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X