Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

So what time is Haye going to thump our Audrey? I want to know if it's worth paying to get into Harrow Yates's to watch it.

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

You have to pay to get into Yates? That is so, so wrong.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

It'll probably be about 10pm that our two not-at-all-ridiculous British pugilists enter the ring, but the fight may well be over within 2 minutes of that.

It will be if Audley can land one punch on Haye, anyway. Unfortunately, that's unlikely. Haye to win on points after an excruciatingly boring fight.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

G.O. (and others)...

You might want to see if it's listed on either:

www.channelsurfing.net

...or...

www.atdhe.net

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

TEV: I pick F. especially, if I am on a beach in Benidorm. Ergo, a knockout in two pints.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Audrey apparently has a revolutionary game plan to deal with Haye. I'm no expert but I think his likely tactic of "letting him hit me really hard in the face until he gets tired, then finishing him off in the 12th" only works for one boxer. A fictional one, at that.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Radio 5 Live for me because I'm not paying £19.95 or whatever it was to watch it on Sky Box Office, what with it likely to only last about 50 seconds.

I still think Harrison's going to do better than anyone's given him credit for. I've got £1 at 4-1 with Willy Hills that he'll knock Haye down at some point (that's knockdown, not knockout let alone win - anything that involves the refereee having to give Haye a count).

Haye's 1-7 on to win, which is crazy really in any heavyweight fight where the odds-on "favourite" is giving up 3 stone and 5 inches in height. Doesn't matter if you're Haye, Ali or Tyson, if an 18-stone bloke who knows how to box smacks you on the chin, it's goodnight, Vienna.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

well it's over. it was 1-0 after two rounds, before haye hit harrison a couple of times and he keeled over

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Well that was £1 ill-spent...! By all accounts Audley never even connected with a single punch! Haye wins in 3. He has to now get one of the Klitschkos in the ring.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Hahahha, I laugh at all the fools who paid to watch this.
                      I have know Harrisson since about 9293 and I have always known that he can't fight.

The guy did not even land a punch and the shots that put him down were not even clean.

A prime example of a man who turned up for the paycheck and didn't want to get hurt.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Can David Haye fight me next ?

I'm a British heavyweight, I'm younger than Harrison, and I'm unknown! (imagine the hype!).

And I'm quite happy to take £1m to dance around for 3 rounds with David Haye before letting him hit me gently on the tummy.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

This fight isn't even mentioned on the NY Times' sports webpage, which I think speaks volumes.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

TG has spoken before about Audley and tonight utterly bears him out. The most abject, cowardly performance I have ever seen in a boxing ring.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Funnily enough, I completely forgot this was on. Sounds like that was the right move...

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
                                This fight isn't even mentioned on the NY Times' sports webpage, which I think speaks volumes.
                                I don't know what fight you are all talking about, but I imagine that they covered Pacquiao-Margarito.

Pacquiao just dominated a man much bigger than him. Mrs. Inca works across the street from Freddie Roach's gym, and the crowds outside are huge when Pacquiao works out there (this is in Hollywood, not far from Filipinotown). There's a Thai restaurant around the block that he eats at every day when he's training.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Haye is going to get in a lot of trouble for boasting after the fight that he'd bet on himself to win in the third round. Boxing only exists so bookmakers can make money off it, and if there's any suggestion Haye "went easy" in the first two rounds and could have won sooner, or - God forbid - Haye and Harrison colluded over the result, then there'll be hell to pay.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                                    Funnily enough, I completely forgot this was on.
                                    So did Harrison.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Absolutely no surprise. Anyone who thought Audrey had even a tiny chance knows nothing about boxing. Having said that, Harrison was even more pathetic than I thought he'd be. I think he should have his purse withheld. He's the most cowardly 18 stone 6.5 foot bloke on the planet. Simply not a pro boxer.

The Pac Man fight on the other hand was phenomenal and inspiring against Margarito. What a fight. Tactical Genius, if you're reading, Manny would finish Mayweather within ten rounds. But I doubt it will happen because Mayweather knows that.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

I've seen wrestling matches more convincing as a competition than that fight from the sounds of the reports.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
                                          Haye is going to get in a lot of trouble for boasting after the fight that he'd bet on himself to win in the third round. Boxing only exists so bookmakers can make money off it, and if there's any suggestion Haye "went easy" in the first two rounds and could have won sooner, or - God forbid - Haye and Harrison colluded over the result, then there'll be hell to pay.
                                          The ref told the fighters that he wanted to see "some action" in the second round. You couls easily make a case that Haye "went easy". But this is the British Boxing Board of Control we're talking about. They'll give you time to get your story straight (Haye now claims all his family had bets on the third round, but not him), then say something crass and bottling like "I think from what David has said I'm fairly happy that everything was OK.". Just like they did when the first person Steve Collins thanked when he beat Chris Eubank was his hypnotist.

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Wait, what? You're saying it's in any way remotely likely that Steve Collins really did get hypnotised so he could feel no pain in advance of the Eubank fight, then lied afterwards pretending it was a publicity stunt/psych-out only to avoid sanction? And that the BBBC were unusually lax in accepting such a cock-and-bull explanation?

Seriously?

Comment

Ha-Ha, funny boxers

Collins did out-psych Eubank with the hypnotist story in what i thought was a crass and tasteless way.

Comment

Working...
                                              X