International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith celebrates by being bowled first ball by Tremlett.

Comment

I'm not convinced by this tactic of resting the entire attack, I must say.

Comment

Meanwhile, AB de Villiers has set a new South African test record, scoring 278*. Same innings, Pakistan's test debutant Tanvir Ahmed took four wickets. You can feel good about yourself when your first four test wickets include those of Graeme Smith, Hashim Amla and Jacques Kallis.

Comment

My mate Pete got Grahame Smith and Hashim Amla out in the same over in the Under 19 World Cup a few years ago - beat that!

Comment

My friend got Andy Flower lbw out in the nets in 1996. Flower, the gent he is, shopped himself.

Comment

I might have mentioned this before, but I really troubled Jack Davenport with my short-pitched stuff in 1990.

Comment

Catching some India v NZ highlights.

Changes of innings are a fixed 2 overs, right? So why do batsmen nowadays charge off after a declaration? Ishant Sharma was quicker than he is when running between the wickets.

Comment

I imagine they want to try and get a quick shower or rub down or whatever, trying to maximise their preparation time. I don't think it's to get the game moving faster.

Comment

I'm sure you're right.

Old EM Wellings would have moaned they were tiring themselves out unnecessarily. Mind you, he also thought bowlers fielding properly was a waste of effort.

Comment

Mind you, he also thought bowlers fielding properly was a waste of effort.
                      As does Michael Holding. He thinks that bowlers should never dive to stop a ball because they risk a rib injury.

Comment

Couldn't that be applied to all players though? I remember a Windies Test at Headingley a few years ago where Sarwan was unable to bat as he injured himself diving in the field in the first innings of the match.

Comment

Working...
                        X