S Davies

G Swann
    M Panesar

J Anderson
    S Broad
    S Finn
    T Bresnan
    A Shahzad

The B team will also be playing in Australia if anyone gets injured/ ill/ loses form etc.

Bell rather than Cook to be the next England captain. Anderson an outsider.

International Cricket Thread

Are they going by Tardis or are you living in the past?

Comment

Whoops. I had a senior moment there trying to remember when Yorkshire last won anything.

Comment

I want to know what you typed now!

It's a testimony to how much Bell has come on in the last 12 months that you are prepared to voice him a potential captain. I've been very impressed with his play over that time, grudgingly so on Saturday against Somerset.

But I think it'd be a burden on his now much free flowing play to make him captain or vice.

Not much to quibble with over that squad really is there, the backup wicket keeper and 2nd spinner seem the most open spaces, possibly Rashid instead of Panesar and a couple of weeks ago I'd have said maybe Kieswetter might get a look in, and I wouldn't have agreed if he did. I'd actually still contemplate Foster, but that boat has sailed.

Backup seamers don't seem very good to me and I hope we don't need to rely on Bresnan taking a Michelle, because he wont.

Comment

I originally suggested they party like it was 2009.

Have a feeling this may be Cook's last chance. If he goes, the only other alternatives to Strauss are KP and Colly (neither likely a second time, if for different reasons), or Jimmy as senior bowler. Everyone else is too inexperienced or left-field like Swanny.

Tough luck on all those second places for yer boys btw.

I agree with Agnew and Tufnell- Monty has the experience and Rashid might be better playing regularly in the B team.

Comment

Yeah, I'd go with your choices, just suggesting that the keeper and spinner is about the only one that isn't nailed on.

Hidreth in B/Performance squad ready to be shipped in as soon as we get fed up with Cook/Colly/Someone

Comment

Bumble has managed to tweet his:

My Ashes squad again ..AS.AC.JT.KP.PC.IB.EM.MP.SD.GS.JT.JA.SB.SF.CT.AS.

Comment

CT - Chris Tremlett? please tell me I'm missing someone obvious.
                JT - James Tredwell

If Tremlett plays for England again then I want a refund on every ECB emblazoned item I've ever bought.

Comment

Was wondering that myself.

Comment

I have a horrible feelign there's something to this, Alec Stewart has just been wildly proclaiming Tremlett as if Surrey had won everything in sight and not in fact been an embarrasment to the sport.

It was sickening hearing him virtually salivating and lowerhing his trousers in his proclaiming of Tremlett.

I'd rather take Liam Plunkett.

Comment

It is Tremlett.

Poor England.

Bell's got a groin strain, too.

Comment

Here is why I have taken against Tremlett in particular this last few weeks:

http://www.cricinfo.com/countycricket2010/engine/current/match/435667.html

6 overs for 71 admitedly against some of the best strikers in the game (Buttler particuarly flayed him).

That I remember that game is a suprise, my birthday amidst a divorce fuelled beer frenzy. Well done me. Cricket is being sited as one of the ways "I've changed and hang out with different people". If only I had the money to flee for the Ashes for the winter to regroup.

Comment

barndoorio wrote:
                          a divorce fuelled beer frenzy
                          Did I miss something?

Comment

No, but only because thats the first time I've mentioned online.

At least I won't need to argue about how long the cricket is on for anymore.

Not divorced, but will be when 2 years have passed.

Comment

Aw man, that sucks.

Hang in there and know that there people on here who care about you.

Comment

Well, it is horrid, but mainly due to our daughter. Mrs B and I are getting on much better already and we think we were stopping each other being ourselves. Early days, but so far so good, tho my love of cricket is always going to be contentious.

I'm not experienced in this, and don't want to do it again, but i imagine it could go alot lot worse for some people than this. Talking, seeing the nipper every day and being sensible about it all.

Now... ask me about Hildreth and Buttler before I get too serious.

Comment

Look after yourself Joe.

Comment

I am, and lots of family and friends rallying around too, though I'm honestly doing o.k. it was for the best.

Now then... Alec Stewart, I used to love him as a player, but he talks alot of nonsense on TMS. Alot of good stuff, but his blind love of all things Surrey is really annoying me.

Comment

The thing that gets me is that Selvey is apparently on the Tremlett bandwagon too.

I used to think that he was a reasonable bloke.

Comment

You are aware there are two teams competing? Clearly not...

They may not be household names yet, and let's not forget England never have or will have an aura, but Australia will still be a hard team to beat or draw.

If England play for the draw they will be annihilated.

Comment

You aware that this is mainly a board populated by people from Britain? Not exclusively by any means, but mainly.

That we discuss the England squad is no suprise.

Australias squad

Lump Shaped poor bowling Allrounder
                                          Katich
                                          Leather Jacket salesman
                                          'Pup'
                                          Marcus North
                                          Brad Hapless
                                          A seamer
                                          A farmer
                                          A wild left arm pace bowler
                                          An aggresive redhead
                                          An unknown mediocre bowler that wins one match and loses you two others.

Comment

Looks like most people won't see any of it.

Comment

Announced the day after we lose two days of the Masters to that cunt Murdoch. He really is a fucking parasitic shit.

Comment

It might be a bit mickey mouse of me, but I can't see the benefit to Sky, if they allowed highlights anytime before start of play it would be good marketing surely?

Channel 5 or BBC show highlights at I dunno 5pm or 7pm for an hour or more and it gets people turned on to the drama during dinner/after school or work and they want to try and see more of it live surely?

I guess they've done their sums and looked at trends, but I'd be suprised if having more highlights of the cricket massively impacted their subscribers? It'd make me want to watch the live stuff more.

Am I totally tonto here?

Comment

Squad according to Aggers on Twitter:

strauss cook trott kp colly bell morgan prior davies swann monty broad, anderson finn tremlett bresnan

Comment

Working...
                                                  X