Kick and Clap is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick and Clap is back!

I ended up watching the second half of yesterday's game. The BBC kept showing close-ups of Tindall while he sat on the bench. His nose is extraordinary -- it makes Steve Bruce look like Francesco Totti. How many times has he broken it? Ten?

Jonathan Davies said after England-Scotland that Ireland were now favourites for next weekend's game, which is surely pushing it.

This hasn't been a good tournament at all. England are the most competent of the teams but let's face it, they've no chance of winning the World Cup.

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

If we win the Grand Slam, the Inverdales of this world will be trumpeting us as shoo-ins for the World Cup despite the fact that the coaching staff have a record of something like played 22, won 4 against the 3N teams. God, Inverdale's awful. Knowledgable but maniacally jingoistic. Take the fucking France match, the bloody coverage started with him wandering about Agincourt.

Looks like an ankle injury mught keep our broken-nosed hero out of the match. What. A. Tragedy.

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

James Haskell - he may dominate, but he isn't the sharpest tool in the box -

Even those who have never played at the new or old Lansdowne Road insist the big-match pressure will not distract them. "Will the pomp and circumstance affect us? Unless they firebomb the bus or storm the hotel with placards it's a bit of an irrelevance to us," claimed Haskell.
        Dearie me...

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

England getting an absolute pasting in Dublin at the moment; 14-0 down with Ireland unlucky not to be further ahead.

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

First the cricket and now the rugby.

How are Ireland at Morris Dancing?

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

Nurse Duckett wrote:
              Seriously poor performance by the touch judge there - he hadn't a clue what had happened but hadn't the balls to say so. I thought touch judges were supposed to be international class referees, not somebody's dad with a towel for a flag. He should have 'fessed up and advised the referee to check with the video ref. Tosser.[/quote]
              Late to this, and apologies. Peter Allan may have whiffed slightly, but if you listen to the audio, it's Kaplan's error.

He asks the wrong question: was the correct ball used?
              To which the answer is "welllll, yes but..." - which he doesn't let PA give.
              it's also well outside the protocol for the TMO

This may be a bit ubernerd, but there is a nuance in the fucked up communication that may not be apparent to all. Except sad cases like me who referee. A lot. And know the law book.

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

Martin Johnson won't get annihilated in tomorrow's English papers, but he should be. That was the shittest, least threatening England performance in years.

England should have lost by a lot more than 16 points -- their solitary try was a direct present from Eoin Reddan and Ireland went incredibly close to scoring a couple more tries before half-time.

Ireland have now beaten England seven times in eight meetings since Johnson's charmless bit of John Bull chest-beating at the old Lansdowne in 2003. That's how you take revenge.

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

Yeah, but now the pressure is off for the WCup.

Get a Grand Slam, and anything less than the cup is a failure. Now? well, now pressure has been alleviated somewhat.
                  It's a bit like being Scottish. Failure breeds realism

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

Seen on another board:

I was working for the Sunday Times in London today proofing their Irish copy for tomorrow's paper. They had one page going out with all four rugby correspondents 'teams of the six nations'.

I can tell you now that there was only one paddy on all the teams and two on one team. Sean O'Brien had made all four of the teams picked by Stuart Barnes. Stephen Jones, and the two others, who in my drunken state I cant remember.

An hour after the game ended when I was walking out th door I could hear all of these fellas ringing in changing their teams around, so as to avoid looking stupid.

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

I'm not sure why, Ireland have actually been pretty gash this tournament, except when taking apart a clueless England on Saturday. We were abysmal at the breakdown and hopeless in the backs.

Thompson's try was the best part of the match - the fat kid running madly through treacle hoping to score before he's hauled down. I half believe Reddan didn't chase him too hard to make Thompson feel good about himself.

Six years, zero Grand Slams for the hapless coaching cunts. Luckily, John Steele (new RFU supremo, former Saints player and CEO) has said no one's contract is being renewed until after the World Cup, so opefully we'll be shot of everybody from Johnson down and start again.

Still, it could be worse, we could be France.

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

First the cricket and now the rugby.

How are Ireland at Morris Dancing?

west brits don't do morris dancing. In the next six months, ireland is totally going to whip england's arse at a) cheering at bald diana's wedding b) toadying to his granny

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

Eggchaser wrote:
                          I'm not sure why, Ireland have actually been pretty gash this tournament, except when taking apart a clueless England on Saturday.
                          And yet there are a number of people now claiming Ireland were the best side in the tournament. Bizarre.

At least one of these teams is going to reach the semi-finals of the World Cup, but I can't see any of them troubling NZ or South Africa -- unless France, who have the most talented squad of players, act upon the huge warning sign of the defeat in Rome and get a new manager in.

The WC draw has worked out well for England, whose likely path to the final -- Argentina, France, Australia -- is actually very achievable. Argentina have regressed since 2007 and England have a good recent record against the other two. You would fear for them in a final against New Zealand though.

Ireland will go out in the quarters as usual, this time to South Africa. Saturday was a spectacular one-off against unpopular neighbours, as much a product of the shame factor as anything else.

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

England celebrate too early

This internal e-mail from Nike (graphics removed) has also been doing the rounds since Monday:

Hi All

Following on from Barney’s note, this weekend sees the culmination of England ’s most exciting 6 Nations campaign in recent years. Not only could England win the tournament but also the Grand Slam which bodes very well for the Rugby World Cup later on this year in New Zealand .

We have commissioned a special limited edition t-shirt to celebrate the England Grand Slam 2011, which we will give to the players when we win against Ireland on Saturday The t-shirt is inspired by the iconic English rose (like the kit) and 5K units will go into retail at the RFU & NikeTown London after the game.

In the spirit on owning sporting moments, we will also execute a burst of Digital Out-of-Home activity that will start right on the final whistle in over 20 of London’s most prominent underground stations through Digital Escalator Panels and Cross-Track Projections. This will be further amplified through large Transvision screens at Waterloo , Kings Cross, Euston and Charing Cross . This will run throughout the weekend until Monday night catching consumers after the game and peak rush hour times for maximum impact.

Finally, we have created an AV celebration piece that we will be pushing out to our PR & Retail over the weekend and the RFU will be posting it on their sites too. To view it please click on the link http://vimeo.com/21207620 password: 6NATIONS

Thanks to the whole team for working so quickly to pull this together and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Have a good weekend

Stephanie

tephanie Ankrah
                            Brand Marketing Lead- Sports Performance
                            Athletic Training, Rugby , Basketball, Tennis & Livestrong
                            Nike UK & Ireland , Filmhouse, 142 Wardour Street , London W1F 8DD
                            +44 (0) 207 578 0500
                            "Owning sporting moments." Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

"Angering The Mocker Gods"

Lesson 1.

That Nike twat.

Interestingly, England again play Ireland in their final RWC warm up match so we can go looking for our revenge (and get beaten again under Cunt Wells and Cunt Ford, the pair of cunts).

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

Where's that on? Somewhere down under?

Comment

Kick and Clap is back!

Eggchaser wrote:

Relegated : Exeter
                                  Phew! After a simply unbelievable season (9 wins out of 21 games) I, like a lot of Exeter fans, was worried that the RFU would decide to throw the book at the Chiefs for their administrative error in playing one too many Fijians against Leeds. Thankfully, the RFU have seen sense, and only deducted Exeter the one bonus point they got from that game, plus one penalty point. I was expecting one plus five, or possibly even ten, to be honest - and I'd have been interested to see what the penalty had been had Exeter only been four or five points ahead of Leeds and Newcastle, not the fifteen or so they were with a couple of games to go. Even the RFU couldn't have found a reason to deduct Exeter 15 points for that transgression, seeing as it came in only one game that they lost anyway.

So anyway, Exeter are staying up!

Comment

Working...
                                  X