Yankees game next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yankees game next week

I'm visiting Yankees stadium for the first time next week to watch the A's game on Tuesday night. Any particular recommendations? It looks like it's pretty easy to get there by subway.

Yankees game next week

My recommendation is that you cheer for the A's!

More seriously, though, I haven't been to the new Yankee Stadium, but the immediate neighborhood wasn't very interesting the last time I was there. A few Yankee-themed bars and memorabilia shops, and then a bunch of tenements and public housing projects. It is very easy to get to by subway, though. The stop lets you off right at the stadium.

If you have time during the day before the game, I'd recommend going to the New York Botanical Gardens and/or the Edgar Allan Poe Cottage for a while before heading back to the stadium. Stadium, cottage, and gardens are all on the B and D Lines.

Comment

Yankees game next week

There is more of interest within the Stadium than without, especially since the demise of Manny's Baseball Land (a memorabilia store before memorabilia was big). It's worth visiting Monument Park (especially before they put up the Steinbrennerstein) and the like; Monument Park closes 45 minutes before game time.

The 4, B and D all go directly to the Stadium and take about 20-25 minutes from midtown. Your choice will depend on where you are leaving from.

Comment

Yankees game next week

Enjoy the most expensive, poor quality, American beer available in New York City.

Not much that hasn't been said.

Comment

Yankees game next week

Be sure to get there slightly early to see the sunset under those iron bridges. Also, the success of the Yanks since '96 and the sight of Mr. Jeter in the tabloids has brought out a different kind of fan who may or may not like to wear very tight shirts.

Comment

Yankees game next week

Just returned from a pretty good game against the A's. Some good home runs from the Yankees. Most people bailed out by the 8th.

Comment

Yankees game next week

You jammy bugger.

I have decided to try and get there (Stateside) for 2012 (missing out on all the shitty Olympic stuff here... how DARE you take away the baseball! Fucktards!), and maybe get a ticket or 3 for a Yankee game.

The other half hasn't been either, but I can leave him on a beach/in a darkroom so he will be happy.

Comment

Yankees game next week

jasoń voorhees wrote:
                Be sure to get there slightly early to see the sunset under those iron bridges. Also, the success of the Yanks since '96 and the sight of Mr. Jeter in the tabloids has brought out a different kind of fan who may or may not like to wear very tight shirts.
                Assuming you mean the feminine variant of our wonderful species?

Oh, did anyone ever see Derek Jeter on Saturday Night Live?

Comment

Working...
                X