• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England v Australia

Still, it was nice..

Comment

England v Australia

Tait is indeed bloody quick, and his first ball was about 93 mph.

Pietersen owes the ump an apology after a sub Twenty20 walking across his stumps shot and glowering that he got given out.

Comment

England v Australia

No comment on Tait's 100 mph ball?

Some odd captaincy from Strauss. Why send in Yardy to face the fastest bowling of all-time?

Comment

England v Australia

It could have been for comedy effect. Did the stump mic pick up Yardy's high-pitched nervous giggling? It reminded me of a tour game I once played in where our no. 4 walked after being hit on the pads by Ezra Mosely - nobody appealed but he said he had seen enough, thanks.

Comment

England v Australia

Don't think Yardy was in long enough. Though the Sky commentators kept saying stuff like "I'm turning my stump mike up, I'm telling you!"

Seemed a bit macabre to me.

Any team with a fast bowler will have picked up that Kieswetter plays short fast stuff about as well as Jack Davenport.

Comment

England v Australia

Australia have done England a huge favour with that. Kieswetter is a mediocre batsman and a poor keeper and shouldn't be anywhere near the test team, but if Prior had not played well over the summer tests England might not have discovered it (well, the first part anyway) until Brisbane.

Comment

England v Australia

I think Prior had done enough to get a bit of breathing space. Kieswetter might have got the second keeper's spot, I suppose.

Comment

England v Australia

Do touring teams even have second keepers anymore?

Prior had done OK, but only averaged 22 in South Africa. Had Kiesewtter scored runs in ODIs too then there would have been (misguided) calls for him to get in the team. As long as Prior carries on keeping well then I think he should be OK for the Ashes now.

I think Foster might get another shout in ODIs though, as Prior has a terrible record in them, Kieswetter has looked short and a top keeper is particularly useful in the subcontinent. I'm not sure I can see England having a different WK in 3 different formats though.

Comment

Working...
                  X