Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna Ride a Classic

The Oaks is today, the Derby tomorrow.

In the Oaks, its fairly open... Cecil has a couple good unbeaten filly in AVIATE (who will probably be favourite or thereabouts) and another in Timepiece who was all over the place on the run-in last time. The latter should improve massively if she gets her act together.

Its an open field and should be a cracker. There are a quite a few who can win this, but I will stick with HRA who has won this about a million times (8 including the very, VERY wonderful Oh So Sharp).

The Derby is going to be a good race too, and Cecil has a chance in this with Bullet Train, but I think Aiden O'Brien will win this with JAN VERMEER who has an explosive sprint, with Midas Touch coming close too.

(I might change my mind by tomorrow)

Gonna Ride a Classic

Oh So Sharp, now we're talking. I was pleased to find a decent chunk of old racing on youtube. Of similar vintage, this is Rainbow Quest v Lear Fan:

Comment

Gonna Ride a Classic

Inflicting painful earworms on innocent victims is punishable by death. Or it would be in a proper world. As it is, I sentence you to a period of annoying nosebleeds...

Comment

Gonna Ride a Classic

As long as its not 3rd party inflicted nosebleeds (and apologies, but earworm inflicting IS kind of the point with thread titles).

Tubbs: I was a huge fan of horse racing of the bygone era, and here is a list of my favourites:

5. Desert Orchid (natch)
        4. Pebbles (a right little battler) 4 of Pebbles' best
        3. Lyric Fantasy (a tiny horse who was utterly fantastic over the shortest distance)
        2. Oh So Sharp/Slip Anchor (It was like Steve Cauthen was glued to this pair)
        1. Triptych (This filly was just fantastic, always placed (including the Derby and the Arc, I think) and won a couple of biggies)

Comment

Gonna Ride a Classic

Well, I was completely wrong about that.

Snow Fairy wins the Oaks at 9/1. Cecil's two unplaced.

Comment

Gonna Ride a Classic

The pacemaker is running away with this...

Comment

Gonna Ride a Classic

WOW. Workforce starts running from 3f out and absolutely mullers them all. Pacemaker goes backwards, but finishes second by about 8 lengths.

Course record, and wins by 7 lengths.

Comment

Gonna Ride a Classic

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                Inflicting painful earworms on innocent victims is punishable by death. Or it would be in a proper world. As it is, I sentence you to a period of annoying nosebleeds...
                Why not cure it by reading the actual posting and getting a "Theme from Goldfinger" earworm?

Comment

Gonna Ride a Classic

I think there is a very (un)subtle dig about my tipping skills in there, BoE, you bugger.

Comment

Working...
                  X