England vs Bangladesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England vs Bangladesh

Poor old Mahmadullah was stuck with the tail. He's a good batsman.

Nasser has just said Steven Finn is down to earth because he comes from Watford.

Finn does look impressive, even if he does keep falling over. I liked the look of him in that Stanford farce, and am feeling good about my talent spotting. Brings back memories of my days chewing the fat with Andy Flower over cricket. Maybe he might remember that and draft me in as a layman analyst. I understand Flower is fond of Money Ball, so who knows?

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Well they've certainly taken my advice. I was going to wander over to the pub for teatime to watch the last of this, but it's going to be over by then, the way Bangladesh are bowling. They look like they want it over as fast as we do, possibly to do some sightseeing.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
        Shahadat in 2005 was the worst test opening bowler I've ever seen. He was worse than Heath Davis.
        Surely the winner of this award is Martin 'potato-faced pie chucker' McCague.

Steven Finn will have a ball this winter, if the England selectors allow him to. You heard it here first.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Rob Smyth has just done a pretty decent job at trying to resurrect McCague's reputation in Cricinfo magazine.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

England 83-3

Come on the Desh.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Morning Tubby, morning everyone. Excellent effort by the Banglas, hopefully Shafiul won't be too knackered for more fireworks later.

You can't but love big McCague, we're still crediting him as Ultonia's first and maybe last test player.

It probably won't be Glaaster stalwart Will Portefield. Apparently he managed to get out lbw to Paul Nixon the other day (Nixon's first ever first class wicket?).

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Morning, Bill.

the young Bangla seamer duly contracted cramp. Still good day for them.

Does Paul Nixon bowl legspin like Tim Zoehrer? He must have got a wicket at The Parks in the past.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

And another demonstration of how winning 2 sessions can win you the game.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

The buggers couldn't even keep going until I got back to London to watch some of it on telly...

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

That 9th-wicket dismissal never reached Strauss, did it? All the replays showed it clearly bouncing into his hands.

I think the umps, as much as possibly even the Bangladeshi players themselves, just wanted the whole thing over and done with once it had become apparent (at 30-odd for 6, following on, at about 3 o'clock) the match was over.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Watched the highlights this morning, looked a clean catch to me.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Bangladesh couldn't get out of the ground quick enough. The laughter and joshing around as they stepped on the coach suggests that they were delighted with the prospect of two days off. If i was their coach I'd get them back in the nest this morning for punishment training.

Sean & Dylan picked up Tamim and Mahmahdula's autographs, they only two they were interested in. Dylan also got the autograph of "some old guy, no idea who he is..." - Dickie Bird.

For the record death-pool fans, Dickie did not look well at all.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

"in the nest" is a cracking typo, TPC. Conjures up all sorts of mental images.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Well, having found something else to do for a month, Bangladesh resurface for some ODIs.

Mushrafe bin Mortaza is back, good to see.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Tamim out, they might as well go home.

Interesting bit of play just now. The (Bdesh) batsman pulled out of his stance because a fielder hadn't been walking in in a straight line. I didn't know this was considered not cricket, but the umpire agreed and put a stop to it. And in hindsight, wasn't this part of the Gatting-Shakoor Rana row?

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Shazhad has got Tamim out but made a terrible mess of 2 catches. He didn't drop them as such. He didn't get his hands up to the ball.

The other batsmen are playing OK.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Well done to the 'Desh. Sounds like a pretty exciting finish.

It's odd, I'd never want Wales to lose at football no matter how plucky underdogs their opponents might be (although it's difficult to imagine which teams would be underdogs at the moment - maybe Montserrat or Guam), but I was really hoping Bangladesh would win, especially when Trott seemed about to take it away from them.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Excellent stuff. I got in just in time for the last four overs on TMS, and when Trott hit a four to leave them needing just six I wasn't confident. It seems the Desh bowlers, both seam and spin, were spot on throughout- especially as Bristol's a fairly small ground. Siddons has just said in a BBC interview that he felt they were 40 runs short.

Wanting Ultonia to lose a game of football? The friendly tour to St Kitts and Nevis, maybe.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Down the pub for most of England's innings. Surprisingly entertaining, it was. And Bangladesh deserved the win.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

I was really pleased with the Banladeshi win. I was also pleased for their long-suffering coach. Good on 'em.

[Nauseating proud Dad bit, please ignore.]

Today my kids' team won the Cheshire Cup, beating surprise finalists Congleton quite easily in the final.

I almost felt sorry for them. In under-11 cricket every batsman gets to bat for 12 balls and every time you are out five runs is deducted from your team's score. After 20 overs Congleton were 51 for 20 (!). A net score of [-49]...

Dylan scored 30 runs in his 12 deliveries, but got out once for a net score of 25. It's only the second time he's been out this season. Sean got a solid 8 not out, and took 1 wicket for 3 runs off his two overs.

Nantwich CC under 11's are on a roll. We are '9 and oh' in the league with five games to go. We need two more wins to guarantee the title, but we are going for a perfect season. How much of their success can be put down to the influence of their new exciting young assistant coach can only be guessed at.

Tomorrow we have the Sandbach tournament, our Round 1 opponents? - Congleton!

They won't be sleeping well tonight.

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Great win.

Sky were talking some crap (in the person of Botham, though Knight agreed) that Bell should have come out earlier so he could play some shots. He could hardly move, and should have been timed out. A toecrusher would have been "interesting".

Comment

England vs Bangladesh

Bdesh lose their 25th out of 26.

Bopara looks like he carried on from the Twenty20 the day before. Strauss and Trott are on great form.

Mashrafe bin Mortaza is a lord. 10-2-31-3 in a total of 347. And captain as well. He only needed to open the batting for the full under 16 B team good player experience.

Comment

Working...
                                              X